Members of the Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) selected the “Best of the Best” of Starwood Hotels & Resorts from around the world.
The select list featured 67 of Starwood’s nearly 1,200 hotels and resorts, from the golf tees in Arizona to the azure waters of Greece. Members selected their favorite hotels worldwide in the following categories: Best Golf Getaways, Best Beach & Island Retreats, Best Winter Escapes, Best Family Adventures, Best City Experiences, Best Exotic Excursions, Best Small Luxuries, New & Noteworthy, Top 10 China, Top 10 USA Resorts, and Ultimate Top 10.
The Ultimate 10 identifies the highest member-rated Starwood hotels and resorts for 2014. The new category brings a new level of distinction and prestige to the list and the hotels chosen, putting a spotlight on the definitive “best of the best” in Starwood Hotels & Resorts. The shining stars making the cut for this year’s Ultimate 10 include:
1. The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician®, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale, Ariz., U.S.
2. Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3. The Westin Excelsior, Florence, Italy
4. Sheraton Qiandao Lake Resort, China
5. W Doha Hotel & Residences, Qatar
6. The St. Regis Florence, Italy
7. Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
8. Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort, Mykonos, Greece
9. The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice, Italy
10. The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico
Top 10 China reflects the growing importance of the Chinese market. In 2008, nearly two thirds of SPG members were U.S.-based, while today more than half of SPG members are outside of the U.S. Membership in emerging markets has grown fivefold in that time, and China has catapulted to Starwood’s second largest SPG market and fastest growing. The list includes: Sheraton Qiandao Lake Resort; The Royal Begonia, a Luxury Collection Resort, Sanya; Four Points by Sheraton Langfang, Guan; The Westin Beijing Financial Street; Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhou Peninsula; Sheraton Sanya Resort; Sheraton Sanya Haitang Bay Resort; Sheraton Zhenjiang Hotel; Sheraton Shenzhou Peninsula Resort; and Le Méridien Shimei Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
The winners were chosen using a unique combination of guest survey results and SPG Ratings and Reviews scores. The methodology allows input from more members and more detail about which elements of each hotel and resort provides a better experience resulting with more than 1.5 million reviews and surveys from more than 1.1 million members.
For the full 2014 SPG Member Favorite Hotels & Resorts list, please visit spg.com/memberfavorites.