InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) today announces the opening of its first EVEN™ Hotels property in Norwalk, Connecticut.
Launched in 2012 and based in the US, EVEN Hotels is IHG’s newest lifestyle and wellness hotel brand. It is designed to meet the large and growing demand for wellness-minded travellers to maintain their balance on the road.
As at 31st March 2014, there were 4 other EVEN Hotels in the pipeline (excluding the Norwalk property). The pipeline includes two properties in midtown Manhattan; one in Brooklyn, New York; and one in Rockville, Maryland, which is expected to open before the end of Q2 2014. The brand’s key markets include the Tri-state area, the Washington, D.C. area, San Francisco, Chicago, Denver, Portland, Seattle and Los Angeles.
The EVEN brand helps travellers make healthier choices that impact every aspect of their personal wellness at an affordable price point. This is something no other hotel brand does. The brand is focused on ensuring guests Eat Well, Rest Easy, Keep Active and Accomplish More:
- A Simple.Natural.Good. food and beverage promise
- A menu of freshly prepared menu items that guests can tailor based on their preference
- Healthy grab-and-go items with clear nutritional and ingredient labelling
- Guestroom flow and designed to reduce clutter and promote relaxation
- A Premium Sleep System featuring natural eucalyptus linens offering a cooler sleep
- Adjustable LED mood lighting
- Revitalizing showers with all natural EO bath products
- An In-Room Training Zone workout using the EVEN Hotels Trainer
- Natural light filled three-zone Athletic Studio
- Spin and yoga classes help
- Regular General Manager-led morning community runs
- Comfortable, ergonomically designed movable work spaces configured to integrate with their working preferences
- Fast and free Wi-Fi
- Easily accessible multi-media ports both in rooms and throughout common spaces
- Tablet-based digital programming
- 40-inch HDTV