Marriott International recently opened Moxy Milan Malpensa, Italy in September 2014 and announced that the brand is entering the U.S market ith eight identified properties slated for major metropolitan locations, including three in New York City (Chelsea, Mid-town and Lower Manhattan), San Francisco, Seattle, New Orleans and Chicago.
Additionally, Marriott International plans to open 2,700 Moxy hotel rooms in key cities throughout Europe by the end of 2016. With a goal of 150 Moxy hotels and 25,000 rooms by 2020, the company expects to sign at least 4,200 rooms in 2015 alone.
the following Moxy hotels are expected to open by end 2016:
- Moxy Munich Airport, Germany - located five minutes from the main terminal - winter 2015
- Moxy Eschborn, Germany - located 10 minutes from downtown Frankfurt and 15 minutes from Frankfurt Airport – early 2016
- Moxy Frankfurt Gateway Gardens, Germany - located in the campus of Gateway Gardens , walking distance to Frankfurt Airport terminal 2 - summer 2016
- Moxy Aberdeen Airport, UK – mid 2016
- Moxy Berlin Ostbahnhof, Germany - near Alexanderplatz, Prenzlauer Berg and the River Spree – early 2016
- Moxy London Royal Docks, UK - close to the ExCel Exhibition Areas and Canary Wharf - autumn 2016
- Moxy London Stratford, UK - next to Europe’s largest Shopping Center and adjacent to the Olympic Park – summer 2016
- Moxy Oslo Exporama, Norway– next to one of the largest exhibition grounds between Oslo and Oslo Airport - summer 2016
- Moxy Copenhagen, Denmark – close to Scandiagade which has seen much development in recent years for offices, retail and residential developments - summer 2016
- Moxy Essen, Germany – located right in the city centre of the West German City of Essen, a short walk from one of the busiest train stations in Germany - winter 2016
- Moxy London Heathrow Airport, UK - located on Bath Road with quick access to Heathrow’s Terminals – winter 2016