Kilimanjaro International Airport was announced as winner of the African heat of this year’s Routes Airport Marketing Awards.
Over 300 aviation professionals were gathered to witness the presentation of the awards and to take part in the 8th Routes Africa – the largest route development event for the entire African region, which this year is hosted by the Civil Aviation Authority of Uganda and Entebbe International Airport.
The Routes Airport Marketing Awards have become synonymous with recognising and rewarding the highest standards of marketing activities undertaken by airports.
Kilmanjaro were also named as the winner from the Under 4 Million Passengers category with Nairobi - Jomo Kenyatta International Airport ranked top from the Over 4 Million Passengers category and the Destination Marketing Award went to Seychelles Tourism Board.
The full list of companies shortlisted under each award category was as follows:
Over 4 Million Passengers
· Nairobi - Jomo Kenyatta International Airport – Winner
· Casablanca - Mohammed V International Airport – Highly Commended
· Addis Ababa - Bole International Airport
· Algiers - Houari Boumediene Airport
· Cairo International Airport
Under 4 Million Passengers
· Kilimanjaro International Airport – Winner & Overall Winner
· Dar es Salaam - Julius Nyerere International Airport – Highly Commended
· Accra - Kotoka International Airport
· Luanda - Quatro de Fevereiro Airport
· Maputo International Airport
Destination Marketing Award
· Seychelles Tourism Board – Winner
· Tourism KwaZulu – Natal – Highly Commended
· Mozambique Tourism Authority
· Zambia Tourism Board
Zimbabwe Tourism Authority