Deutsche Lufthansa AG (LHA), the German carrier that has suffered a lot of strikes this year, expects another strike tomorrow; some flights to be affected.
The pilots union Vereinigung Cockpit has announced a strike for all Lufthansa flights operated by the aircraft types A320, Boeing 737, and Embraer departing between 13.00 CEST on October 20th to 23.59 CEST on October 21st. During the strike period disruptions of Lufthansa short – and medium – haul flights are expected.
The action is “not understandable and in no way proportionate,” Lufthansa said in a statement. All Lufthansa intercontinental flights, as well as flights operated by the Lufthansa Group airlines Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Germanwings, SWISS and Air Dolomiti (operated by OS, SN, 4U, LX, EN) will not be affected.
Passengers holding a Lufthansa/SWISS/Austrian Airlines or Brussels Ticket for flights from/to/via Frankfurt, Munich, and Düsseldorf on October 20th – 21st can rebook their tickets once free of charge.
The following conditions have to apply:
Rebooking within same booking class:
- Tickets must be issued on/before 19.10.2014
- New date of travel must be on/before January 31st, 2015
- Change of origin/destination and class of service/compartment is not permitted
- All other ticket conditions must be observed as per original ticket
Passengers affected by flight cancellations should contact the dedicated Lufthansa Call Center set up specially for the purpose. The free phone number to call from Germany is: 0800 850 60 70*. Callers from outside Germany should phone their local Lufthansa phone numbers.
Lufthansa is currently working intensely on a special timetable for the strike period, which will be published as soon as possible.
* Calls from German landlines at local rates, call charges from German mobile networks may vary dependent upon the provider