Qantas partners with the world’s most successful children’s entertainment group The Wiggles to offer a range of new benefits for its youngest flyers. The new program named, “The Joey Club”, aims to create memorable and engaging travel experiences for them and their families.
Children are currently the fastest growing segment of the Qantas Frequent Flyer membership base, with some parents signing up their children from birth.
Qantas Group Executive, Brand, Marketing and Corporate Affairs Olivia Wirth said travel is an exciting experience, particularly for children, and the airline wants to make sure that it’s as enjoyable as possible for the whole family.
From June 2015, all new Australian-based Frequent Flyer members between the age of three and ten years old will receive a special Joey Club kit when they join the program. To celebrate the launch of Joey Club, Qantas is waiving the normal join fee of $89.50 to offer a complimentary join for children at qantas.com/kids until 31 December 2015.
Joey Club initiatives include:
- A Qantas Joey Club novelty passport for new Australian-based Frequent Flyer members (aged 3-10 years old) where they can record details of their flight.
- Special dedicated kids menus in domestic lounges, including made to order sandwiches in animal shapes, fresh fruit and snacks such as popcorn and sultanas.
- Larger investment in the children’s inflight entertainment channels. There is a dedicated children’s movie channel with 21 hours of content (with latest releases screening on board shortly after their cinema release, as will happen with the upcoming Frozen 2) and a dedicated TV channel with 28 hours of TV shows, with The Wiggles and Peppa Pig the most popular.
- The Joey Club comes on top of existing family friendly services offered by the national carrier, including dedicated kids zones across the Qantas domestic and international lounge network complete with iMac computers, children's furniture, toys and books. A new Family Zone has also opened in the recently refurbished Los Angeles Business Lounge.
Other existing family friendly initiatives include
- Infant meals (up to 2 years of age) - provide a range of top brand baby food, milk, baby bottles, cereals and rusks
- Kids meals in-flight (over 2 years of age)
- Priority family boarding (staff on hand at the boarding gate ready to collect the stroller and to further assist with pre-boarding the aircraft)
- Additional Baggage Allowance* (include a collapsible stroller or push-chair, collapsible cot or bassinet; or car seat or baby capsule (*may vary according to destination – see qantas.com)
Qantas’ Frequent Flyer Program also offers Family Transfers, a points transfer feature where parents can transfer or gift Qantas Points to their children or other family members up to four times within a 12-month period.