Orlando International Airport (MCO) announced the increasing travel during the summer season. More Americans and international visitors decided to spend their summer vacations in Central Florida. International travel at MCO recorded another strong, double-digit increase of more than 18 percent in August 2015.
Vacation plans were further enabled with the addition of more than 167 thousand seats into Orlando by five major airlines including Frontier, Spirit, Delta, American and jetBlue. In total more than 3.2 million travelers moved through MCO during August which is a 6.1 percent increase over August 2014.
August 2015 Statistical Data:
- International traffic climbed 18.14 percent in August with a total of 501,980 travelers
- Domestic travel increased 4.2 percent on a total of 2,709,451 passengers moving through Orlando International Airport
- Combined overall traffic showed an increase of 6.16 percent for the month with a total of 3,211,431 passengers
- YTD overall traffic is up 7.41 percent with 26, 186,666 travelers at Orlando International Airport
- On a rolling 12-month basis Orlando International is setting a record in passenger volume with 3 7,521,449 passengers which represents a 6.81 percent over last year