The UK’s second largest airport Gatwick announced a new service offering a dedicated lane for incoming travelers called ‘Premium Passport Control’ that will offer speedier travel when travelers arrive to the airport. Gatwick Premium Passport Control is designed to provide swift arrivals process and is ideal for business passengers and holidaymakers who want to get to their onward travel quickly and hassle free.
While a similar service exists at other airports, this is restricted to business and first class passengers, whereas Gatwick’s is available to all.
To minimize waiting times, the new service is limited to 50 passengers per hour and costs £12.50 per passenger. Bookings need to be made at least 24 hours before landing at Gatwick and can be made online at the following link.
Benefits of using Premium Passport Control:
- an exclusive lane dedicated limited to just 50 passengers per hour
- available to passengers of all airlines and classes of travel
- minimal waiting
- available to EU and non-EU passengers
- Passengers can simply book online and take their confirmation email – either on their phone or a printed copy - to the Premium Gatwick lane where they will be greeted by a dedicated host
- bookings need to be made at least 24 hours before landing at Gatwick
- bookings can be made up to three months in advance
- children using Premium Passport Control are required to be accompanied by an adult
- open daily from 06.00 to 24.00 (except on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
- A UK Border Force Officer (UKBF Officer) will check passengers’ passports as usual before progressing to baggage reclaim or arrivals if they have no bags to collect.