Orlando International Airport (MCO) announced that over 38 million passengers traveled through the doors of the airport between October 2014 and October 2015. Frank Kruppenbacher, Chairman of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority announced that it is the busiest one year period in airport’s history.
"Our community's tremendous business and tourism climate along with exceptional regional leadership have led to extraordinary international growth. This is why we are in the midst of a record breaking year at Orlando International Airport and numbers like these illustrate why we're investing over $3 billion into our community's transportation infrastructure and future," said Kruppenbacher.
October Statistical Data:
- International traffic climbed nearly 24 percent with 436,839 passengers
- Domestic traffic also showed solid growth with a 4.7 percent increase over last October. In total over 2,620,101 domestic travelers passed through Orlando International.
- Combined overall traffic surged 7 percent in October with 3,056,940 passengers.
Rolling 12-Month Data:
- International traffic is up 17.2 percent with 4,951,712 total passengers
- Domestic traffic climbed 6.13 percent with 33,059,113 passengers
- Combined traffic is up 7.45 percent with a record 38,010,825 passengers
- International travel now accounts for more than 13 percent of MCO's passenger total
MCO is the second busiest airport in Florida and has approximately 18,000 badged employees and generates $31 billion in direct and indirect revenue for the regional economy. In its ongoing efforts to value and delight its customers, Orlando International Airport has embarked on a series of Capital Improvements valued at over $1.3 billion and has approved designing a new South Terminal project all aimed at enhancing The Orlando Experience.®