The final passenger figures are in and 2015 was a record breaking year for domestic and international traffic at Orlando International Airport (MCO).
For the calendar year, more than 38.8 million travelers moved through MCO.
That number shatters the old record of 36.4 million set back in 2007 by more than 2.4 million passengers.
"The success of collaboration of government and business leadership in our region, is evident in Orlando International Airport's record breaking year with nearly 39 million passengers reported in 2015," said Frank Kruppenbacher, Chairman of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. "These record breaking numbers put us one big step closer to developing the south."
"We are grateful for last year's phenomenal double-digit growth in international traffic and strong domestic numbers," says Phil Brown, Executive Director of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. "This affirms our need to continue with the $1.1 billion capital program in progress that will help us provide the level of customer service our passengers expect."
2015 Year-End Statistical Data:
- International traffic climbed 17.57 percent in 2015 to 5,084,240 passengers breaking last year's record of 4.3 million
- Domestic traffic hit a new record with 33,725,097 total passengers up 7.44 percent over 2014 and breaks the previous record of 31,923,852 set in 2011.
- Overall traffic for the year was a record 38,809,337 up 8.67 percent
December 2015 Statistical Data:
- For the month, international traffic climbed 18.9 percent with 464,217 total passengers
- Domestic traffic rose 9.76 percent with 3,087,082 passengers at MCO
- Overall passenger volume was up 10.88 percent for the month with 3,542,299 travelers at MCO