Iberia presented today its first Airbus A340/600 fitted with its new Premium Economy seating section to travel agencies, major companies, and Spanish and European media. This summer the Spanish airline will have five such aircraft in its fleet.
Iberia Maintenance will install the new seats on the aircraft already in Iberia’s fleet at its Madrid hangars, while the A350s the airline has on order will come factory-equipped with the new seating section. This summer, the airline will have five A340/600 equipped with the new cabin.
The Premium Economy class will be available starting in May on flights to/from Chicago, New York, and Bogota. In June, it can be enjoyed by passengers to/from Mexico, in July on flights between Madrid and Miami, and in August on flights with Boston.
By the summer season of 2018, Premium Economy class will be available on all Iberia’s long-haul routes operating Airbus A340/600s and A330/300s, as well as the Airbus A350s that will join the Iberia fleet starting next year.
The key features of the new Iberia Premium Economy class are:
- 20% more separation between seat rows: 94 cm vs. 78.7 cm in Economy.
- Wider seats: 48 cm
- 40% more reclining angle: 7” vs. 5”
- More comfort: adjustable head and foot rests
- Better entertainment: Full HD 12” touch screens (vs. 9” in Economy), noise-cancelling headphones, and connection ports for personal electronic devices
- Exclusive service aboard: a welcome drink, a special menu, table linen, and a personalised toilet kit.
- More luggage: an allowance of two suitcases (vs. one in Economy), as well as priority in checking-in, boarding, and exiting the aircraft.