Menu

World of Wonders Hotels Group builds Istanbul’s 2nd Congress Valley

• Published by Vedat

FTNnews is excited to inform you that World of Wonders (WOW) Hotels Group puts forward a big step towards being the second Congress Valley of Istanbul.

Ziya-Cihan2011Below you will find details from the General Coordinator of WOW Istanbul Hotels & Convention Center Mr. Ziya Cihan.

FTNnews: Could you please tell us about yourself? How long have you been working for WOW Hotels & Convention Center?

Ziya Cihan: After my secondary education at TED Ankara Koleji, I graduated from the Business Administration Department of the Gazi Üniversitesi Economics and Administrative Sciences Faculty. I started my tourism career at Pulman Etap Altınel in 1987. Between 1991 and 1997, I worked at Sheraton Ankara Hotels&Towers and Sheraton Antalya Voyager and then between 1999 and 2005, I was appointed as the Hotel Operation Director General at the Polat Renaissance Erzurum. In 2005 I started to work in Dedeman Hotel Chain. I worked as the Director General of Dedeman Grand Chisinau and Hotel Opening and Regional Director of Dedeman Tourism Investments. Since 2007 I have been working as the General Coordinator of WOW Istanbul Hotels & Convention Center.  

FTNnews: Could you please present WOW Hotels & Convention Center for our readers? Is it only an airport hotel or it is more than that?

Z.C.: WOW Istanbul Hotels & Convention Center is the first city hotel investment of the World of Wonders Hotels group. The WOW Istanbul Hotels & Convention Centre offers the four-star WOW Airport Hotel, the five-star WOW Istanbul Hotel and the giant 4,000-seating capacity WOW Convention Centre in a single complex. We have a total of 635 rooms and along with our new project, a congress center for 6500 people and we have an architectural structure that can fulfill all kinds of accommodation and meeting requests. A significant part of our occupancy is provided by congresses and meetings. With our proximity to Istanbul’s biggest airport, Ataturk Airport, with Yeşilköy having become an important business center for Istanbul in the recent years, and with our proximity to fair centers, we are an establishment preferred by businessmen. Due to our location, we render our services in a wide range from sports clubs to airways passengers.  

FTNnews: Can you evaluate 2011 year for your company and for the industry as well?

Z.C.: I can say that 2011 was a good year both in terms of meeting capacity and also of hotel occupancy. I believe that Istanbul’s success graphic that increases every year, especially in congress tourism, made a significant contribution to the whole sector. Our international economical and commercial relations that have increased in the recent years, our being at an important location between Europe and Asia, made Istanbul into a significant market in the congress and meeting sector. And certainly the increasing request reflected on us. We assessed our advantages in this issue very well. We can fulfill any small or big meeting needs with the different room capacities we have. We have been attaching special importance to marketing since we started our services. We are aware that each successful organization is a reference for a new one. The number of companies and agencies, all meetings of whose we host increases, every year. These numbers have been the most important source of reference for the new investment. In 2011 we had high capacity local and international meeting reservations for 2012 and 2013.

FTNnews: Is there anything new and exciting about your company that you want to share with us?

Z.C.: In July 2011 we started the construction for the Project. With this new investment that we have planned to complete in February 2012, 21 new halls are added to WOW Convention Center. In the new project the ceiling height of the highest hall with the telescopic tribune system will be 7 meters, and the total area will be 1200 square meters. The hall that can offer services in a theatre arrangement to 1000 people can be separated into three. The sizes of the other halls in the same complex change between 70 and 225 square meters. Thus, our meeting area will go up to 8500 square meters and person capacity to 6500 from 4000. There will also be a VIP hall with resting rooms, study and meeting halls. The recreation areas with entertainment and catering services will also be offered to our customers besides the meeting rooms. The total of 34 halls with the new project of 20 million USD cost will contribute significantly to Istanbul’s meeting capacity and not only to the area. With this new Project constructed in WOW Convention Center, Yeşilköy will put forward a big step towards being the II. Congress Valley of Istanbul.

Besides, we have a concept restaurant – bar project that we are working on and that, we believe, will attract great interest. This project that will take place in our new building is planned to form a chain. We will explain the details about this Project later. On the other hand, we have started restoration work at our current hotels and halls besides the new ones.

Advertisement

Destinations

Best of Greek Islands with Celestyal Cruises

Best of Greek Islands with Celestyal Cruises

In Summer 2016, I had chance to sail to Greek Islands with the Celestyal Cruises. In an organization with Karavan Cruises, travelers enjoyed best of Greek islands with Celestyal and received a compl...

Unique and Luxurious Vacation Destination in Turkey: Cappadocia

Unique and Luxurious Vacation Destination in Turkey: Cappadocia

ftnNEWS would like to present you a unique vacation idea here in Turkey: Cappadocia Region. Located on the central Anatolia plateau within a volcanic landscape sculpted by erosion to form a successi...

Fascinating Tunisia

Fascinating Tunisia

Recently I have visited Tunisia as a familiarization trip organized by the Tunisia Tourism Ministry with the support of Tunis Air. Tunisia is not only a beach holiday destination. It also offers a r...