"Summer is the season for family travel," says Mike Thiel, Founder and President of Hideaways International™ Inc.
"And while it's vital to travel with your kids and expose them to the wonders and mysteries of the world, we also know there are times you want-and need-to travel as a couple, without the annoyances of other people's kids (or your own, for that matter) breaking into your blissful reverie." And so, as summer rapidly approaches, here is Hideaways' list of top destinations to visit with-or without-the kids.
Top 9 Take-the-Kids Destinations
1. Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, BVI: This water-lover's wonderland has every kind of water sport imaginable and an extensive kids' program.
2. The Buccaneer, St. Croix, USVI: Devoted families return year after year for the golf, tennis, water sports, spa, nature travel, dining, and kids' camp.
3. The Resort at Paws Up, Montana: There's nothing like "glamping" (that is, "glamorous camping") and cowboy antics to bring a family closer together.
4. Cheeca Lodge & Spa, Florida: Its unique combo of luxury, relaxation, and oceanfront diversion has been uniting families for 60+ years.
5. Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic: This welcoming retreat on 7,000 acres dazzles with oceanfront villas and plenty to do, like children's programs.
6. The Cloister, Georgia: This southern enclave enriches families with a warm, welcoming atmosphere and the very nurturing and fun Camp Cloister.
7. Paul Gauguin Cruises, French Polynesia: Relax, be pampered, and learn while you explore lush islands and tropical flora:
8. Santa Marina Resort & Villas, Greece: Smart, scenic, and great for families, with villas that have kitchens, private pools, and stunning views.
9. Italy Villas: Renting a villa in any part of Italy is ideal for families with kids ages 6 and up-you'll save money and enjoy the space and comforts of home.
Top 9 Just-for-Two Destinations
1. Guana Island, BVI: At this laid-back-yet-sybaritic resort, it's just the two of you, 28 or so other guests, and sexy delights like seven empty beaches.
2. Scrub Island, BVI: Peace, solitude, and luxuries like butler service and three private beaches are what make this private-island retreat so special.
3. Laluna, Grenada: This top-notch sanctuary in a low-key corner of the Caribbean is just the place to lose the world . . . and find each other again.
4. Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, Florida: This oh-so-exotic indulgence, with TV-free thatched-roof bungalows, is just 28 miles east of Key West.
5. Hotel Villa Rolandi, Mexico: This gorgeous getaway is all about the water (with all sorts of maritime pastimes) and world-class eats.
6. Banyan Tree Mayakoba, Mexico: You'll enjoy leisurely living by a lagoon, with lazy hours spent in a hammock and romantic ferry rides to dinner.
7. Mezzatorre Resort & Spa, Italy: Built for defense, this 15th-century tower is now an enticing stronghold of serenity and rejuvenation. In a word: aaah.
8. The Sarojin, Thailand: With a dreamy setting amidst spectacular scenery, this resort is a contemporary Asian oasis of beauty, harmony, and restoration.
9. Silversea Cruises: Like a delightful vacation home, this line's four exquisite, all-suite ships have a flair for the (much) finer things in life."Whether you head out with or without the kids, don't let the summer travel season pass you by," says Mike. "Better yet, have it both ways and take two trips this summer!"