Gdansk has been invited to participate in the Forum in a session titled: 'Creation of a regional and national convention bureau as a part of destination promotion'. During EFEA 2013 Gdansk had opportunity to share its knowledge and experience in using mobile apps and social media.
For the third year, the Forum emerged as a convenient communication platform for events industry professionals from St. Petersburg, Russian regions and foreign countries. It provides an opportunity to establish international relations, share experience and innovations, attract investment and expand business networking in the Russian and global event industry.
EFEA 2013 events gathered over 300 experts from 27 world countries and 23 Russian regions. Leading congress and exhibition companies like Reed Travel Exhibitions, Gl Events, Messe Frankfurt GmbH, Deutsche Messe AG, ITE Group, UBM, Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, Mack Brooks Exhibitions, etc., representatives of the world's leading event associations AUMA, ICCA, UFI, ACTE, PATA, as well as the Russian Union of Travel Industry, and the Russian Union of Exhibitions and Fairs (RUEF) took part in Europe+Asia Event Forum 2013.
Forum 2014 programme includes:
· Plenary Session and Panel discussions, where participants will discuss changes taking place in different sectors of the meeting industry.
· Round tables discussion on the following topics: Exhibition industry, Meeting industry, Business tourism, Destination marketing.
· Regional sessions: discussions of possibilities, peculiarities and challenges that event industry is facing.
· Matchmaking Centre provides opportunities for individual meetings.
Anna Gorska, CEO of Gdansk Convention Bureau will present 'Challenges and opportunities of Gdansk Convention Bureau as an example of a regional bureau'. The agenda of her presentation includes:
1. How Gdansk Convention Bureau operates (structure and financial model)
2. Main promotional activities
3. How Gdansk CVB overcome the obstacles they meet
Participation in the Forum is a guarantee that you will learn all about the most recent trends of the exhibition and congress industry, gain a maximum of useful and topical information, and it will also provide you with a chance to present your own plans and ideas to the professional community and expand your business network! More information about the Forum: http://euras-forum.com/