A total of 25 museums in Miami is celebrating International Museum Day all month-long. The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau’s (GMCVB) Miami Museum Month, sponsored by MasterCard Priceless Miami, offers visitors and locals the opportunity to take advantage of special deals and discounts at those participating museums.
From a visit to the new Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) to an interactive family day at the Miami Children's Museum, the destination’s portfolio of museums offer exciting moments of discovery for guests of every age and interest.
To kick off Miami Museum Month, The National YoungArts Foundation, a group of aspiring Miami artists in the visual, literary, design and performing arts, will perform Outside the Box: Romeo & Juliet Reimagined on Friday, May 8 from 7-9 PM at the YoungArts Plaza. A multi-sensory extravaganza produced by YoungArts alumni Tarell Alvin McCraney and Andrew Hevia, the show brings together some of Miami's most electric artists for an interactive evening inspired by Romeo and Juliet. Sponsored by ArtPlace America, the performance is free of charge and open to the public at the YoungArts Plaza.
- “Buy One Get One Free”: During Miami Museum Month, visitors will receive “Buy One Get One Free” admission at select Miami museums including, the Bass Museum of Art, which features major European paintings and the Miami Auto Museum at the Dezer Collection, which has over 1,200 vehicles on display from some of Hollywood's most celebrated films and television shows.
- “Join One Museum See Them All”: Museum visitors who sign up for membership at participating “Join One Museum See Them All” museums will receive complimentary admission at other partner properties. Participating museums include the Institute of Contemporary Art, Miami Children’s Museum, Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, and more.
Visitors can download coupons and receive additional information on the dedicated website www.MiamiMuseumMonth.com and interactive Pinterest board at https://www.pinterest.com/miamiandbeaches/.
Miami Museum Month Participating Museums:
- Ancient Spanish Monastery
- ArtCenter/South Florida
- Bakehouse Art Complex
- Bass Museum of Art
- Black Police Precinct & Court House Museum
- Coral Gables Museum
- Gold Coast Railroad Museum
- Haitian Heritage Museum
- Holocaust Memorial Miami Beach
- Institute of Contemporary Art, Miami (ICA Miami)
- Jewish Museum of Florida – FIU
- Little Haiti Cultural Complex
- Lowe Art Museum, University of Miami
- MDC Museum of Art + Design (MDC MOA+D)
- Miami Auto Museum at The Dezer Collection
- Miami Children's Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Old Town Hall Museum
- Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum – FIU
- Patricia & Philip Frost Museum of Science
- Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM)
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Wings Over Miami Air Museum
- The Wolfsonian – FIU
“Greater Miami and The Beaches is celebrated for its rich history and culture and Miami Museum Month is a perfect time to experience the destination’s diverse portfolio of museums,” says GMCVB President and CEO William D. Talbert, III, CDME. “This year the GMCVB is excited to announce 25 participating museums – the largest number of partners to date, each catering to unique cultural interests.”.