Buyers, sellers and media delegated gathered at Palais des Festivals et des Congrès in Cannes, France today for the 11th International Luxury Travel Market (ILTM).
The ILTM 2012, which opened with Monday night’s ILTM Forum, continued on Tuesday with the appointments of buyers, sellers and media.
Turkey is taking part at the event with a better decoration and location in 2012. A total of 36 companies from Turkey are participating in Turkey booth plus there are many hotels from Turkey are attending at their groups’ booths.
Mrs. Kalbiye Noyan Director of Turkish Tourism in France and Harun Musa from Turkish Culture and Tourism Office in Paris are attending the ILTM. Mrs. Noyan said FTNnews that Turkey presents its luxurious products and services at a 200 sqm booth. “The importance of luxury tourism in Turkey has been clearly understood in the last 5 years. Our hotels in the country that receive awards every year are good indicator of that. Especially Istanbul and other destinations in Turkey offer several options for tourists beside our well-known tourism products. For example shopping; tourists can find stores of world famous brands in several Turkish cities, can take advantage of competitive prices at shopping festival. Tourists can also visit several state and privately owned museums and art galleries.” Mrs. Noyan added that “I think our brand is Istanbul”.
- Suat Tore, Harun Musa, and Ozgur Tore together with Turkish stand hostesses Suat Tore, Harun Musa, and Ozgur Tore together with Turkish stand hostesses
- Oetker Collection organized a press conference at ILTM. Oetker Collection organized a press conference at ILTM.
- Banu Mutlu and Muberra Eresin from Eresin Hotels Istanbul Banu Mutlu and Muberra Eresin from Eresin Hotels Istanbul
- Ozgur Tore is together with Bernadette Willemin, European Director of Seychelles Tourism Board Ozgur Tore is together with Bernadette Willemin, European Director of Seychelles Tourism Board
- Ozgur Tore is together with Avsar Koc Ozgur Tore is together with Avsar Koc
- Ozgur Tore is together with Jee Hoong Tan of Siam Kempinski Hotel Ozgur Tore is together with Jee Hoong Tan of Siam Kempinski Hotel
- Six Senses presents new hotel openings at ILTM Six Senses presents new hotel openings at ILTM
- Chris Gabaldon; Chief Sales and Marketing Officer of the Ritz Carlton Hotel Company Chris Gabaldon; Chief Sales and Marketing Officer of the Ritz Carlton Hotel Company
- Ozgur Tore tested a Ferrari of Red Travel at ILTM Ozgur Tore tested a Ferrari of Red Travel at ILTM
- 36 companies attend ILTM at Turkey booth 36 companies attend ILTM at Turkey booth
- Narelle McDougall from Naladhu Maldives and Marion Walsh-Hedouin from Anantara Hotels Narelle McDougall from Naladhu Maldives and Marion Walsh-Hedouin from Anantara Hotels
- Ceylan Pirinccioglu representing VIP Luxury at ILTM Ceylan Pirinccioglu representing VIP Luxury at ILTM
- Berna Cakir and Tuba Tekeli represent Sumahan on the Water hotel Berna Cakir and Tuba Tekeli represent Sumahan on the Water hotel
- Kalbiye Noyan (left) and Ozgur Tore at Turkey booth Kalbiye Noyan (left) and Ozgur Tore at Turkey booth
- Can Goktas and Ralph Radtke from Ciragan Palace Hotel Kempinski Can Goktas and Ralph Radtke from Ciragan Palace Hotel Kempinski
- Ozgur Tore is together with Marisa Martin of InterContinental Madrid Ozgur Tore is together with Marisa Martin of InterContinental Madrid
- Mr. Murat Ozguc represents Travel Atelier Mr. Murat Ozguc represents Travel Atelier
- Adviye Bergemann of Aida Tours Adviye Bergemann of Aida Tours
- Yasar Karadag, President of New Faces Tourism Yasar Karadag, President of New Faces Tourism
- Levent Oztunc,Ozgur Tore, and Yusuf Duru Levent Oztunc,Ozgur Tore, and Yusuf Duru
- Mete Uskudarli promotes Ajia Hotel Mete Uskudarli promotes Ajia Hotel
Eresin Hotels Istanbul President Muberra Eresin said that they are focusing on new markets especially the new destinations of Turkish Airlines including the ones in Africa as well as Latin American destinations. Ms. Eresin stated that they will have more than 50 appointments during ILTM. Eresin Hotels Istanbul is waiting guests for a special New Year celebration. You can welcome New Year with a dinner in a calm environment with music-free celebration.
Marmaris’s new hotel Angel’s Peninsula took its place at this year’s ILTM. Opened in 2011, is already recognized by World Travel Awards. The hotel, which serves alcohol free accommodation and with special service area for women, is focusing on especially Middle East market.
The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts announced at ILTM that the company and its owners are investing $200 million to renovate and restore some of its most celebrated hotels in Europe. The brand is already off to a strong start with the reopening of two iconic hotels in Spain this year: Hotel Alfonso XIII in Seville and Hotel Maria Cristina in San Sebastian. This will be followed by the debut of the restored Gritti Palace in Venice and Prince de Galles in Paris in 2013.
Bernadette Willemin, Seychelles Tourism Board's European Director based in Paris, said FTNnews that Seychelles is a year-round destination with an average temperature of 29 degrees Celcius. Mrs. Willemin said Seychelles offers a wide variety of activities such as diving, sailing, fishing. wellness & spa. Seychelles will be hosting its fifth edition of the Seychelles Eco-Friendly Marathon that will convene at the Beau Vallon Bay area, on February 24th, 2013. Between 8 and 10 February, Seychelles will host the 3rd edition of Carnaval International de Victoria. South East Monsoon Sailfish Tournament will be held on 31 August 2013, The Seychelles Regatta is going to take place 12 May – 1 June 2013.
Chris Gabaldon; Chief Sales and Marketing Officer of the Ritz Carlton Hotel Company organized a press conference and announced their new hotels; 145-room hotel to be opened in Kazakhstan in 2013. The Ritz-Carlton, Almaty is located in the 37 storey Esentai Tower within the mixed use Esentai Park development project in Almaty which includes an extensive shopping mall, Fitness Club and residential complexes. The hotel, located in the center of the city, will offer Club and Suite accommodation together with over 10,000 square feet of meeting facilities.
Mr. Gabaldon informed that the company signed an agreement with Mercedes-Benz in China. According to the partnership, the hotel will offer VIP lounge service. Mercedes-Benz owners in China who are also a member of their rewards program will have VIP transfer service from Beijing and Shanghai airports. Additionally they will get an upgrade to a suite when they book a Club Level room at Ritz-Carlton's Chinese properties.
Mr. Gabaldon also informed the new individualized experience with the Ritz Carlton Reserve which is an extension of the Ritz Carlton Group. Mr. Gabaldon announced that the 2nd Ritz Carlton Reserve property is going to open 12/12/2012 in Puerto Rico.
Mr. Gabaldon announced the opening of a Ritz Carlton Hotel in Abu Dhabi which is expected to open in first quarter of 2013.