ILTM (International Luxury Travel Market) – the invitation-‐only event where the finest of luxury travel experiences are created and launched – facilitated over 51,000 individual meetings between the industry’s elite when it took place over the last 4 days in Cannes.
The 2012 event welcomed the rising stars of the future in several focused events created to provide insights based on the first-‐hand experience of this new generation of travelers and their knowledge of the travel marketplace.
With an Education Programme covering subjects as diverse as ‘The role of children in the family travel planning process’ and ‘Gastronomy driving travel decision making’, ILTM also hosted 1350 VIP buyers who met with 1350 high-‐end travel suppliers throughout the event – an over 10% increase on 2011.
Tuba Tekeli, General Manager of Sumahan on the Water hotel in Istanbul said that ILTM 2012 is their 5th year. She said, “I start seeing many familiar faces of buyers. I think it is our time to give a break for ILTM”. Tekeli announced that they have opened a new restaurant on December 1st in the hotel called Tapasuma. Tapasuma serves modern Turkish and Mediterranean cuisine in Tapas style. Customers will be able to enjoy several meze or appetizers. They can sit at the 8-meter long bar; eat delicious tapas and enjoy splendid view of Bosphorus. Tekeli said 2012 is a very good year for them. They have surpassed 2011 numbers in 2012. However she is not expecting a better year than 2012 in 2013. Tekeli also added that they are very happy with Turkish Airlines, its services and growing network. With the new destinations at its network, new direct flights of Turkish Airlines result with new customers and projects.
Ajia Hotel’s Sales and Marketing Manager Mete Üsküdarlı informed that Istanbul Doors Group is sold to Doğuş Group however what will happen to Ajia Hotel is not clear yet. Mr. Üsküdarlı said this year is his 7th ILTM.
- Suat Tore, Harun Musa, and Ozgur Tore together with Turkish stand hostesses Suat Tore, Harun Musa, and Ozgur Tore together with Turkish stand hostesses
- Oetker Collection organized a press conference at ILTM. Oetker Collection organized a press conference at ILTM.
- Banu Mutlu and Muberra Eresin from Eresin Hotels Istanbul Banu Mutlu and Muberra Eresin from Eresin Hotels Istanbul
- Ozgur Tore is together with Bernadette Willemin, European Director of Seychelles Tourism Board Ozgur Tore is together with Bernadette Willemin, European Director of Seychelles Tourism Board
- Ozgur Tore is together with Avsar Koc Ozgur Tore is together with Avsar Koc
- Ozgur Tore is together with Jee Hoong Tan of Siam Kempinski Hotel Ozgur Tore is together with Jee Hoong Tan of Siam Kempinski Hotel
- Six Senses presents new hotel openings at ILTM Six Senses presents new hotel openings at ILTM
- Chris Gabaldon; Chief Sales and Marketing Officer of the Ritz Carlton Hotel Company Chris Gabaldon; Chief Sales and Marketing Officer of the Ritz Carlton Hotel Company
- Ozgur Tore tested a Ferrari of Red Travel at ILTM Ozgur Tore tested a Ferrari of Red Travel at ILTM
- 36 companies attend ILTM at Turkey booth 36 companies attend ILTM at Turkey booth
- Narelle McDougall from Naladhu Maldives and Marion Walsh-Hedouin from Anantara Hotels Narelle McDougall from Naladhu Maldives and Marion Walsh-Hedouin from Anantara Hotels
- Ceylan Pirinccioglu representing VIP Luxury at ILTM Ceylan Pirinccioglu representing VIP Luxury at ILTM
- Berna Cakir and Tuba Tekeli represent Sumahan on the Water hotel Berna Cakir and Tuba Tekeli represent Sumahan on the Water hotel
- Kalbiye Noyan (left) and Ozgur Tore at Turkey booth Kalbiye Noyan (left) and Ozgur Tore at Turkey booth
- Can Goktas and Ralph Radtke from Ciragan Palace Hotel Kempinski Can Goktas and Ralph Radtke from Ciragan Palace Hotel Kempinski
- Ozgur Tore is together with Marisa Martin of InterContinental Madrid Ozgur Tore is together with Marisa Martin of InterContinental Madrid
- Mr. Murat Ozguc represents Travel Atelier Mr. Murat Ozguc represents Travel Atelier
- Adviye Bergemann of Aida Tours Adviye Bergemann of Aida Tours
- Yasar Karadag, President of New Faces Tourism Yasar Karadag, President of New Faces Tourism
- Levent Oztunc,Ozgur Tore, and Yusuf Duru Levent Oztunc,Ozgur Tore, and Yusuf Duru
- Mete Uskudarli promotes Ajia Hotel Mete Uskudarli promotes Ajia Hotel
- Duncan O'Rourke, COO of Kempinski Hotels Duncan O'Rourke, COO of Kempinski Hotels
- History of InterContinental Carlton in Cannes History of InterContinental Carlton in Cannes
- InterContinental Carlton Cannes General Manager Francois Chopinet InterContinental Carlton Cannes General Manager Francois Chopinet
- Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) press conference at ILTM Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) press conference at ILTM
- Mr Emin Celik Director of Hotels Operation at Dogus Tourism Group Mr Emin Celik Director of Hotels Operation at Dogus Tourism Group
Adviye Bergemann from AIDA Tours said that luxury market is growing. “10 years ago, it is said that luxury is not exist in Turkey now all buyers said Istanbul is one of the most luxurious cities in Europe. Customer satisfaction in Istanbul reached to 90%”. Mrs. Bergemann added that buyer quality is increased and distributions of buyers’ nationalities are good at ILTM 2012.
President of Museum Hotel in Cappadocia; Ömer Tosun said that they are going to open first thermal spa in Cappadocia, Turkey.
Yaşar Karadağ, President of New Faces Travel said that buyers before had many questions about Turkey and luxury tourism. “Now buyers especially from Ireland, France, Spain are contacting with us what kind of projects can we organize not only in Istanbul, Ephesus and Cappadocia but also at other destinations in Turkey” said Mr. Karadağ. Mr. Karadağ added that Turkey’s economic and politic stability have big impact in that.
Ceylan Pirinçcioğlu of VIP Luxury said that in 2013 they will introduce new tour itineraries to Italy for customers that will be able to drive exotic cars. Mr. Pirinçcioğlu also announced that they have launched a new website LuxuryVIPrental.com where they started to rent luxurious villas and apartments in Turkey and other cities in the world.
Emin Çelik from Doğuş Tourism Group said that they have acquired Swissotel Göcek and it will operate under the name D Resort Göcek. The resort which has 57 rooms, will have 105 rooms after 2013 season. He said that ILTM 2012 is better than previous years and demand for Turkey is increasing. He noticed that American and Brazilian buyers are interested especially for Istanbul and Cappadocia. Doğuş Tourism Group will invest in hotel developments in Bodrum and Ayvalık. The hotel in Bodrum will open end of 2013 and hotel in Ayvalık will open in 2014. Doğuş Tourism Group has following hotels: Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, D Resort Grand Azur Marmaris, D Hotel Maris, D Resort Göcek, and Maritim Alantur. The group also has 51% of Capri Palace in Italy as well as 51% of Kahve Dünyası (Turkish coffee chain), and 74.25% of Istanbul Doors Group.
“At the ILTM Forum, I felt very happy after I realize that we are serving all possible products of a luxury traveler can ask today” said Mr. Pirinçcioğlu. He added that VIP Space Travel will start in 2014 and they are introducing “EcoVip” which will serve economic ecological, VIP tours. They are going to take travelers to 6 Balkan countries. No visa will be needed and prices are starting from €389. The tours will start May 17 and will continue until October 2013.
Oetker Collection organized a press conference at ILTM. The collection, which owns and manages masterpiece hotels around the world, announced its newest property, L’Apogee Courchevel located in Le Jardin Alpin. The hotel will open on 11.12.13 (11 Dec. 2013) and will be supervised by Philippe Perd, the managing director of the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc and Chateau Saint-Martin Hotel in the south of France. L’Apogee will comprise 33 stunning suites, 20 spacious double rooms and a spectacular penthouse with its own Jacuzzi and private terrace, offering breathtaking views over Courchevel village.
Duncan O'Rourke, COO of Kempinski Hotels attended a press briefing at ILTM. Mr. O'Rourke announced the hotels that are under development, which are:
Kempinski Hotel Chongqing - China, opening December 2012
Kempinski Ambience Hotel Delhi - India, opening January 2013
Kempinski Hotel Nikols’kaya - Russia, opening Q1 2013
Kempinski Palais Hansen Vienna - Austria, opening March 2013
Olare Tented Camp Masai Mara, opening January 2013
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City - Ghana, opening April 2013
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi - Kenya, opening April 2013
Grand Hotel Kempinski Batumi, Black Sea - Georgia, opening 2015
Emerald Palace Kempinski Hotel Kiev - Ukraine, opening 2015
Kempinski Hotel Crescent Baku – Azerbaijan, opening 2016
InterContinental Carlton Cannes celebrates its centenary. Since 1913, this legendary building on La Croisette Boulevard has symbolized all the magic of Cannes, but that’s not the only reason it’s famous. It is also famed for the refined glamour it has been cultivating since it was first built a hundred years ago – and yet it doesn’t look a day older. Built by Charles Dalmas in the early 20th century, the Carlton is one of the most dazzling symbols of the legendary Croisette. Francois Chopinet, current General Manager of the hotel organized a press breakfast on December 5 and informed about the spectacular centenary celebrations that are going to take place in suitably epic style, worthy of the hotel’s fabulous history.
Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) organized a press conference at ILTM, informing that SLH’s revenue reached US$80 million YTD, a 6% growth when compared to the same period in 2011, and a 6% increase in reservations it has been a strong quarter. “Summer business was buoyant for us, and I am confident that part of our success has been down to the importance we are placing on our website, social media and online business. Interestingly, the number of web visitors accessing the site through smart phones and iPads has doubled in 2012 YTD, from 18% in 2012 compared with 9% in 2011 showing a growing trend that we in the travel business must respond to.” Said Paul Kerr, CEO of SLH.ILTM 2013 will take place in Cannes, 2 – 5 December 2013.