Officially open June 2014 (previously in a soft opening), the 20-acre secluded retreat and private island is the company's second resort in the Maldives, and its first in the untouched Thaa atoll.
COMO Hotels and Resorts introduces Maalifushi by COMO, a new property in the Maldives. Its sister property, Cocoa Island by COMO, located further north in the South Malé atoll, opened in 2002.
The 66-room property features a mix of overwater and garden accommodations, which are ideal for families with small children. It offers seclusion and an abundance of underwater experiences. The island's white sand and bright turquoise lagoons are surrounded by a string of uninhabited islands, including another small piece of land belonging to the resort that can be booked for castaway picnics and romantic private dinners.
Rates begin at $650 per night for a Garden Room.
- Maalifushi Aerial view Maalifushi Aerial view
- Maalifushi Garden Suite Maalifushi Garden Suite
- Maalifushi Madi Restaurant Maalifushi Madi Restaurant
- Maalifushi Reception Maalifushi Reception
- Maalifushi Spa Entrance Maalifushi Spa Entrance
- Maalifushi Spa Room Maalifushi Spa Room
- Maalifushi Thila Bar Maalifushi Thila Bar
- Maalifushi Water Villa Pool Maalifushi Water Villa Pool
On the main resort island, tropical vegetation featuring exotic birds provides lush "curtains" for private rooms, suites, and villas, as well as Maalifushi's 'Madi' restaurant, 'Thila' pool bar and lounge. Overwater accommodations, including a number of luxury suites and villas with private pools, as well as 'Tai' restaurant, can be found on the west of the island, all offering uninterrupted views across the ocean. Interiors throughout the resort are by Japanese designer Koichiro Ikebuchi; they bear the hallmarks of COMO's signature, pared-back style, with locally sourced materials, natural light, and open vistas taking center stage.