Eight top trends in luxury digital marketing are highlighted in a report called ‘The Luxury Traveller & Social Media: The Americas’.
Eight top trends are:
1. SMALL IS THE NEW BIG – short, mobile friendly, image-rich posts and personalised digital communications ensure messages are seen, shared and loved
2. BE BRIEF, BE BRIGHT, BE REMEMBERED – digital content in luxury travel should be creative but concise, to reflect a luxury positioning
3. IN LATIN AMERICA, SMARTPHONES CAN EQUAL AFFLUENCE – high-income households account for 16.4% of the smartphone audience in Chile, 45% in Mexico and 53.9% in Peru
4. PERSONALISE AND MICRO-TARGET MESSAGES FOR MASSIVE RETURNS – improving digital targeting technology improves has enormous implications for brands wanting to personalise messages in a social context
5. INSTAGRAM AND TRIPADVISOR ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT SOCIAL SITES FOR LUXURY TRAVEL BRANDS IN THE AMERICAS – to win on these sites, luxury travel brands should ensure they offer ‘instagram-mable’ experiences
6. TRAVEL ADVISORS STILL MATTER AND SOCIAL MEDIA IS THEIR BEST FRIEND – the key to success for travel advisors is to win new customers one by one, building their brand on Facebook and in digital luxury web forums
7. LUXURY TRAVEL HOTSPOTS ARE MOVING TO LATIN AMERICA –Puerto Rico and Rio de Janeiro have the highest draw but La Romana in the Dominican Republic and Sao Paolo in Brazil are also seeing strong increases
8. NORTH AMERICAN AND LATIN AMERICAN LUXURY TRAVELLERS HAVE DIFFERENT NEEDS – Latin Americas care most about bedrooms and breakfasts while North Americans expect flawless and empathetic service
To learn more about each of these trends and the data behind them, download The Luxury Traveller & Social Media: The Americas, a special report produced by Brand Karma, global leaders in luxury travel digital analysis, for the forthcoming ILTM Americas event. The report is available for download at: www.iltm.com/americas/theluxurytraveller.