Melbourne LIVE! will be the theme for the highly anticipated Asia-Pacific Incentives & Meetings Expo (AIME) 2013 official Welcome Reception, the Melbourne Convention + Visitors Bureau (MCVB) announced today.
Tickets are now available for the event, to be staged at South Wharf Promenade – Melbourne’s newest wining and dining precinct, which will invoke Melbourne’s famed fervour for festivals, with a series of live sites showcasing the city’s areas of expertise, including:
• Live-Art: Local artists will line a waterside red-carpet, creating their own interpretation of the Melbourne skyline that guests can view as they enter the event.
• Live-Music: An energetic music venue will be recreated, featuring a line-up of well-known Australian talent.
• Live-Fare: This site will pay tribute to Victoria’s food fascination, with its open plan kitchen and theatrical chefs guiding guests through the state’s premier culinary delights.
• Live-Acoustic: Guests will experience Melbourne’s inner-urban gastro pub scene, as they enjoy locally crafted beers, “Aussie” fare and a live band.
• Live-Culture: Simmering paella stations will greet attendees as they enter a slick Spanish tapas bar, offering a spicy menu and sultry tunes.
• Live-Networking: Guests can mingle with fellow festival-goers, as they take-in a 360 degree view of all the event’s festivities.
The venue, South Wharf Promenade, is ideally situated in between the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre and the Yarra River, providing guests the option of a cruise on the iconic waterway before Melbourne LIVE! begins.
MCVB’s Chief Executive Officer, Karen Bolinger, said this year’s theme will be a perfect introduction to Melbourne for AIME attendees.
“Melbourne is renowned for its events – almost every day a festival is breathing life into this amazing city. Melbourne LIVE! will embody these events and allow attendees to revel in the atmosphere they create,” Ms Bolinger said.
“It is also a valuable opportunity for guests to network with their fellow AIME attendees, and get a feel for the city before the show begins on 26 February.
“I would like to thank South Wharf Promenade for helping us make this fantastic event a reality. This incredible complex signifies what makes Melbourne special – a dynamic venue to represent a city of contrasts. From modern to heritage, intimate to energetic, South Wharf Promenade has something for everyone.
“Year after year, AIME’s Welcome Reception puts Melbourne’s business events industry up in lights and is the must-attend event on the calendar, so purchase your tickets now.”Tickets are available at aime.com.au and early bookings are encouraged to ensure AIME attendees don’t miss out.