Celebrating 32nd year, ASEAN Tourism Forum (ATF) TRAVEX, kicks off with some 2,000 delegates, comprising 400 heads of National Tourist Organisations (NTOs) and Tourism Ministers, and close to 1,600 TRAVEX delegates from around the world.
TRAVEX delegates include suppliers from across ASEAN, International Buyers, Media and other tourism professionals.
Occupying an exhibition area of 9,000 sqm, the ATF TRAVEX – a 3-day travel trade-only exhibition and business meetings platform –features 490 booths from 354 exhibiting companies from the 10 ASEAN countries. Thailand and Indonesia form the two largest national contingents with 125 and 75 exhibition booths respectively. Corporate exhibitors are also participating in a big way with some 81 exhibition booths.
The event has attracted 470 buyers from across 56 countries and territories, with a slew of new countries participating this year including: Argentina, Austria, Bangladesh, Chinese Taipei, Ireland, Israel, Lao PDR, Nepal, Pakistan, Slovenia and Sri Lanka.
This year, 141 media delegates from 32 countries will converge at Lao ITECC to cover the latest happenings in ASEAN travel. Amongst these are media from first time participating countries, Japan and Lao PDR. Focus on Travel News is also attending ATF TRAVEX which takes places 22 to 24 January 2013 at Lao International Trade Exhibition and Convention Centre (Lao ITECC).
- Opening ceremony and welcome dinner held at Don Chan Palace Hotel Opening ceremony and welcome dinner held at Don Chan Palace Hotel
- Ozgur Tore and Iuliia Antonenko representing FTNnews.com attended the launch of PATA Laos Chapter Ozgur Tore and Iuliia Antonenko representing FTNnews.com attended the launch of PATA Laos Chapter
- ATF delegates joined pre-city tours in Vientiene, Laos ATF delegates joined pre-city tours in Vientiene, Laos
All ATF TRAVEX delegates attended complimentary tours of Vientiane City and Buddha Park, the Opening Ceremony and Gala Dinner on 20 and 21 January, as well as Friendly Golf Game on 21 January at Lao Country Club. Hosted luncheons, dinners and late night events will commence on 22nd January. On Monday night, Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) announced the launch of Laos Chapter with a party held at The Khop Chai Deu Restaurant.
The education component of the event, ASEAN Tourism Conference (ATC) makes consistent efforts to bring important issues in ASEAN travel to the fore, through leading industry professionals and speakers. Open to all delegates, the 3-hour conference this year will put the spotlight on eco tourism with the theme: Road Map for ASEAN: Fostering Sustainable Growth, Promoting Eco Tourism. To be held on 22nd January from 0900 to 1200hrs, ATC’s keynote speech will be delivered by Mr. Mario Hardy, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, PATA Foundation. Mr. Hardy will be joined by speakers:
• Datuk Dr Victor Wee, Chairman, Tourism Malaysia, Malaysia
• Mr. Umberto Cadamuro, Director of Business Development and Operations, Pacto Ltd, Indonesia
• Mr. Jimmy Sim, Business Development Manager, Dorison Travel, Singapore
• Mr. Anthony Wong, Group Managing Director, Asian Overland Services Tours & Travel, Malaysia
• Moderator: Mr. Imtiaz Muqbil, Executive Editor, Travel Impact Newswire, Thailand
The speakers will share the latest information and insights on the guidelines and efforts towards recycling, energy efficiency and water conservation in ASEAN tourism.For more information and programme updates for ATF 2013, visit www.atflaos.com