Until June 15th 2014 a major event around biological agriculture will take place every where in France*.
Numerous animations, bio appetizers, open farms, exhibitions, tastings…are organised throughout all the hexagon.
This important campaign of awareness, promoted by the Agence Bio, has drawn the interest of the actors of the MICE destination of Toulouse who join this responsible initiative.
Business tourism professionals have been aware of the challenge and of their responsibility in raising the awareness of a wide public: organisers, congressmen, participants within the organisation of congresses and all kinds of professional events.
Around So* Toulouse Convention Bureau and during all this first fortnight of June, the actors of the sector commit to detail the actions in favour of biological agriculture, such as for example:
- The introduction of more bio products (bio drinks for meetings breaks, bio breakfasts)
- The promotion of bio products near to their employees
- The use of hygiene products containing bio ingredients such as hand washing gel certified Cosmébio
- The raising of awareness for a bio consumption generally speaking and the impulse for organisers to introduce more bio products in their events.
Beyond the Bio Spring, So* Toulouse Convention Bureau has chosen this great national rendezvous to be the start for the launching of its program devoted to sustainable development “So* Responsible”.
All the challenge for the Convention Bureau which federates over 170 actors of business tourism is to raise the awareness and to inform its partners about the question of sustainable development and therefore to contribute to the image of the destination.
This initiative, conducted by So* Toulouse Convention Bureau, is thus a first step at the destination level and will be known be from now on under the version So* Responsible.
* Biological agriculture, based particularly on the absence of use of synthetic chemical compounds and GMO, is aimed to preserve as much as possible the grounds as well as the air and water quality by introducing practices like recycling of organic materials, crops rotation … This is a capital axle of sustainable development forming part of a future perspective.