The embassy of the Republic of Ecuador in Turkey, the Institute for the Promotion of Exports and Investments - PRO ECUADOR, honorary consulate general of Ecuador in Istanbul organized an event titled “Touristic Destination: Ecuador”.
The event with breakfast held at Conrad Istanbul is organized with the support of Association of Turkish Travel Agencies - TURSAB and Foreign Economic Relations Board – DEIK on Wednesday March 20, 2013.
- Mr. Augusta Saa, Ambassador of the Republic of Ecuador in Turkey Mr. Augusta Saa, Ambassador of the Republic of Ecuador in Turkey
- Mr. Mario Idrovo; Chief of the Commercial Office of Ecuador in Turkey Mr. Mario Idrovo; Chief of the Commercial Office of Ecuador in Turkey
- Ecuadorian music performance Ecuadorian music performance
Mr. Augusta Saa, Ambassador of the Republic of Ecuador in Turkey and Mr. Mario Idrovo; Chief of the Commercial Office of Ecuador in Turkey welcomed representatives of travel agencies and media.
Mr. Pierre Thomas, who lived in Ecuador several years and worked as a tour guide, made a presentation of Ecuador and its tourism products. Mr. Thomas said that travel between Turkey and Ecuador takes around 15-16 hours.
The event finished after Ecuadorian music performance.
Ecuador is located in the Northwest corner of South America and features four regions including The Amazon, The Andes, The Pacific Coast, and The Galapagos Islands.
Ecuador, which is approximately 3 times smaller than Turkey, doesn't ask visa from Turkish citizens. Turkish citizens with a min. 6 months valid passports can stay up to 90 days as tourist in Ecuador.
Turkish travelers can get Ecuador with Turkish Airlines via several airports as well as with Lufthansa via Bogota. Travelers can go Ecuador with following direct flights from Europe.
* Lan Airlines from Madrid
* KLM from Schiphol/Amsterdam,
* Iberia from Madrid
10 Reasons to visit Ecuador
1. Galapagos islands which is a Natural Heritage site of UNESCO,
2. Avenue of Volcanoes, Ecuador has 62 volcanoes over 4.000 meters
3. Ecuador is the most megadiverse country per square kilometer
4. The flavors and the essences are the reflection of the cultural and geographical diversity of Ecuador.
5. Home of 17 different indigenous groups and 27 different ethnic groups
6. Country where everything is close. You can travel between coast, the andes and the rainforest in just 35 minutes
7. Colonial Cities: Quito-Cuenca are UNESCO world Heritage centers
8. Sumaco-Napo-Galeras and Yasuni National Parks declared as UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
9. Ecuador is the country in the middle of the World Latitude 0 degree.10. Ecuador offers a diversity of adventure sports and specialized tourism such as rafting, kayaking, sports fishing, diving.