Turkish tourism income rises 6.2% in 2014

  • Published by Ozgur Tore

grand bazaar shopping

The Turkish Statistics Institute announced Turkey’s tourism income in 2014. Despite a 1.3 percent drop in tourism income in the last quarter of 2014 ($7.66 billion), Turkey’s tourism income by the year-end is increased by 6.2 percent to $34.3 billion.

81.5 percent of the total income was earned from foreign visitors’ spending; the remaining part of 18.5 percent was from the spending of Turkish citizens residing abroad.

Tourists visiting Turkey spent an average of $828 per capita in 2014; $775 by foreigners per capita and $1,130 by Turkish citizens who live abroad.

The total number of visitors visiting Turkey increased by 5.6 percent from the previous year, to 41 million in 2014.

On the other hand, number of Turkish citizens traveling abroad increased 6.1 percent and reached 7.982.264. Turkish travelers spent an average of $685 per capital in 2014.


Most Read in this category since 01.01.2016

Prev Next


Best of Greek Islands with Celestyal Cruises

Best of Greek Islands with Celestyal Cruises

In Summer 2016, I had chance to sail to Greek Islands with the Celestyal Cruises. In an organization with Karavan Cruises, travelers enjoyed best of Greek islands with Celestyal and received a compl...

Unique and Luxurious Vacation Destination in Turkey: Cappadocia

Unique and Luxurious Vacation Destination in Turkey: Cappadocia

ftnNEWS would like to present you a unique vacation idea here in Turkey: Cappadocia Region. Located on the central Anatolia plateau within a volcanic landscape sculpted by erosion to form a successi...

Fascinating Tunisia

Fascinating Tunisia

Recently I have visited Tunisia as a familiarization trip organized by the Tunisia Tourism Ministry with the support of Tunis Air. Tunisia is not only a beach holiday destination. It also offers a r...