Just after one day an updated travel warning to Turkey by the U.S. State Department, terror hits Istanbul again. Three explosions hit Istanbul's main international airport on Tuesday night around 10pm. At least 45 killed (19 foreigner) and 239 injured - 109 of them were discharged. As of Thursday there are 94 injured people at hospitals.
The blasts hit Istanbul Ataturk Airport, witnesses also reported hearing gunshots. Three suicide bombers opened fire before blowing themselves up at the entrance to the main international airport in Istanbul.
Hurriyet Daily News reported that it is believed that there were 7 terrorist at the airport during the attack.
Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım said three attackers arrived in the airport on a taxi cab and also used guns during the attack. All three attackers exploded themselves and were killed.
PM added that findings pointed to Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
Following the explosions, the airport is locked down. All flights to and from airport suspended. Reports say that airport had been opened for incoming and outgoing flights as of 02.20 a.m. Wednesday. Three scheduled flights of Turkish Airlines, the country’s flagship carrier, landed after 04.00 a.m.
Passengers were allowed off the planes after the facilities were reopened.
Airport authorities said passengers departing from the airport would be allowed inside terminals after 5.00 a.m.
Turkish Airlines announced that all of its flights suspended until 8 am. on Wednesday.
Intensive efforts are underway to remove debris and replace damaged equipment.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) suspended all American flights to and from Atatürk International Airport.
Number of dead people increased to 45 on Saturday, July 2nd. 4 years old Jordanian Rayyan Mohammed has passed away at a hospital. A total of 52 are still in hospital, 20 of them are at high intensive care unit.
last updated 11pm, Saturday, July 2
(We will continue to update the news)