Thailand's first holiday resort town nearest to Bangkok; Pattaya became Asia's popular tourist destination with its scenic beachfronts and frantic nightlife.
Pattaya which was formally a fishing village, today attracts over 7 million tourists and its tourism industry has more than 60 billion baht (approx. US$1,97 billion) contribution to Thai economy.
Pattaya is locate on the southeast of country along the gulf of Thailand. Pattaya is about 150km away from Bangkok. The easiest way to reach Pattaya is by road, which is less than 2 hours, by taking the new express Toll way from the airport to Pattaya.
If you have flexible transportation option such as driving your own car or you have private chauffeur drive, I advice you to visit the Ancient City of Muang Boran. The Ancient City presents you the heritage of Thai wisdom. Here you will find yourself in a ‘mini-world’ focusing on Thailand’s history and culture. Representations of all aspects or eras of Thai culture are displayed here at a natural environment of some 320 acres. It’s probably best to travel around the site by bicycle which can be rented from the park or if you have health issues you can rent a golf cart to see around and take photos. Whether you rent a bicycle or a golf cart, your tour may take more than half day at the Ancient City of Muang Boran.
From the business perspective in addition to the 116 constructions for educational purpose on the area of more than 600 rais, the Ancient City has established “The Training Center&Urban Resort” in the same area, offering conference halls and banquet service with a wide variety of facilities, e.g. rooms for seminar participants- single/double rooms and group sleeping halls-, the “Rim Khob Fa” cultural hall, the center of social and cultural information supported by Lek- Prapai Wiriyapan Foundation, and the 600-seat conference hall, ready to accommodate various activities of visitors at will. Outdoors, adventure stations amidst the constructions and the vast garden of the Ancient City are well-prepared for outdoor activities aimed to build rapport and promote teamwork of the participants.
The Ancient City is located in Samut Parakarn – an entirely different province to Bangkok. Admission is 100 Baht for adults 50 Baht for children, plus 50 Baht if you drive your own car. For more information visit http://www.ancientcity.com
Where to stay?
Beside its nightlife, Pattaya is also famous with its beautiful beaches. The city has many hotels from luxurious 5-star hotels to mid-range with private beach and without a beach. My first choice for accommodation in Pattaya is always Royal Cliff Hotels.
The Royal Cliff Hotels Group is a pioneer of the tourism industry in Pattaya. From modest beginnings with the establishment of the 106-room Royal Cliff Beach Terrace in 1973, the resort has grown tremendously over the years. In 1974, the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel opened, offering 527 rooms. In 1986, the exclusive Royal Wing Suites & Spa was opened with 85 luxurious suites, including 2 lavish Presidential Suites. The 5-star-plus Royal Wing Suites & Spa is the resort’s flagship hotel. The newest of the resort’s four hotels, the elegant 372-room Royal Cliff Grand Hotel was completed in 1992. With 10 meeting rooms, 2 ballrooms and high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel, it serves as the resort’s primary meetings and conference-related hotel.
- You can rent a golf cart for your visit to Ancient City of Muang Boran. You can rent a golf cart for your visit to Ancient City of Muang Boran.
- The Sanctuary of Truth The Sanctuary of Truth
- Every place at the Sanctuary of Truth, there are wooden carve sculptures. Every place at the Sanctuary of Truth, there are wooden carve sculptures.
- I have visited Pattaya after IT&CMA Bangkok 2010 as a post tour which is organized successfully by Ultima Travel. I have visited Pattaya after IT&CMA Bangkok 2010 as a post tour which is organized successfully by Ultima Travel.
- Ancient City of Muang Boran Ancient City of Muang Boran
- Pattaya's awards winning hotel; Royal Cliff Hotels. Pattaya's awards winning hotel; Royal Cliff Hotels.
- Thai style puppet show. Thai style puppet show.
- I am together with Nadezda Basyrova of RusTourismNews. Visiting Hard Rock Cafes around the world is always in my To Do List. I am together with Nadezda Basyrova of RusTourismNews. Visiting Hard Rock Cafes around the world is always in my To Do List.
- Hard Rock Cafe bar Hard Rock Cafe bar
- You can see a diversity of tropical rainforest nature at the Flight of the Gibbon in Pattaya. You can see a diversity of tropical rainforest nature at the Flight of the Gibbon in Pattaya.
- No need to worry! Your ride is supervised with professionals. Fantastic view from tree top! No need to worry! Your ride is supervised with professionals. Fantastic view from tree top!
- Marian from Ultima Travel enjoying his ride. Marian from Ultima Travel enjoying his ride.
- Bar at Mantra Bar at Mantra
- Mantra Restaurant & Bar has 7 open kitchens Mantra Restaurant & Bar has 7 open kitchens
Late in 1999, the resort responded to demands for expanded conference facilities by opening the Pattaya Exhibition and Convention Hall (PEACH), a multipurpose stand-alone venue able to seat over 8,000 delegates. With its state-of-the-art facilities, PEACH is ideal for conventions, exhibitions, product launches, gala banquets, weddings and concerts. However, its status as the preferred venue for national and international conferences has given PEACH a global reputation. Notable events at PEACH include the 55th Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Conference, 46th International Congress & Convention Association (ICCA) Conference and 67th Skål World Congress. Shortly after PEACH opened, the Cliff Spa came into existence at two locations - the Royal Cliff Grand Hotel and the Royal Wing Suites & Spa. With 18 treatment rooms, guests are able to enjoy a variety of outstanding treatments to nourish and awaken the senses in a tranquil and relaxing environment.
Today, the Royal Cliff Hotels Group offers an impressive portfolio of services and facilities that consists of four 5-star hotels, 10 restaurants, 10 bars, 5 swimming pools, 2 health spas, a Thai cooking school, a state-of-the-art fitness complex, 7 floodlit tennis courts, 2 squash courts, a practice golf course, 2 exclusive beaches, a world-class convention and exhibition centre (PEACH), 3 ballrooms, 54 meeting rooms, Wi-Fi technology, a free shuttle bus to downtown Pattaya and a 120-seater catamaran for charter to the nearby tropical islands.
If you like adventure, you should definitely experience the tree top adventure; "Flight of the Gibbon". The site is located in the lush tropical rainforest. You can explore over 3km of the rainforest canopy on a zip-line tour which takes about 3 hours. It is the largest and highest rainforest canopy adventure in the world!
Flight of the Gibbon Zip Line Tours were designed to enable everyone access to the rainforest in the most exciting way possible. The zipline tours are a unique system of tree houses, platforms, cables and sky bridges enable you to view jungle life from all layers of the canopy, a perspective previously reserved for a select group of researchers. "Flight of the Gibbon" has three locations: Pattaya, Bangkok, and Chiang Mai. For more information visit http://www.treetopasia.com/
Another top attraction to visit in Pattaya is The Sanctuary of Truth which is a gigantic wooden construction that covers the area of more than two rais. It was constructed to withstand the wind and sunshine on the seashore at Rachvate Cape, Tumbon Naklea, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi Province. The building was constructed according to ancient Thai ingenuity and every square inch of the building is covered with wooden carve sculpture. The purposes of decoration with wooden carve sculptures are to use art and culture as the reflection of Ancient Vision of Earth, Ancient Knowledge, and Eastern Philosophy. With in this complex, visitors will understand Ancient Life, Human Responsibility, Basic Thought, Cycle of living, Life Relationship with Universe and Common Goal of Life toward Utopia.
Where to eat
In Pattaya, you can find almost every cuisine of world. However if you are in Thailand, you should try Thai food as well. We have been to Mantra Restaurant & Bar. Even you have tasted Thai food, you should try once again from the menu of Michelin Star and 17 Gault Millau points Chef Thomas Kammeier at Mantra.
The restaurant has seven open kitchens; Japanese, Indian, Chinese, Western, Mediterranean, Charcoal Grill and Seafood. Moreover, a walk-in glass wine cellar allows you to select from an impressive list of over 160 branded wines from all over the world, including bottles of rare Bordeaux. For more information visit http://www.mantra-pattaya.com/
How to visit?
If you are tired of the surrounding world, if you feel lured by mysterious ancient temples, if you dream of azure seas and white beaches, if you want to explore more about Thailand - the most exotic Southeast Asian country, contact with Ultima Travel. For more information visit http://www.ultima.co.th/
Don't forget to:
* Visit shops at Night Market at Pattaya Walking Street
* Taste a cocktail at the Hard Rock Cafe Pattaya
* Watch world famous Tiffany Show
* Learn elephant training techniques, bathing with a wide range of shows and demonstrations at Pattaya Elephant Village
* See brilliance and diversity of undersea life at Underwater World Pattaya that homes over 2,500 animals from more than 200 species.