The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) will present its China Responsible Tourism Awards at the PATA Annual Summit in Bangkok on April 26.
Mr Joao Manuel Costa Antunes, PATA Chairman, will present the awards in four categories to the winners, who are:
• Mt. Huangshan Administrative Committee – Destination & Attraction Category
• School House – Hospitality & Catering Category
• China National Travel Service (HK) – Corporation Category
• Wild China Tours – Tour Experience Category
Initiated by PATA China, the first annual PATA China Responsible Tourism Awards were launched at the second China Responsible Tourism Forum in Shanghai in November 2012.
The goal of the Awards is to recognize innovative and experiential businesses practices in China that have made efforts to create experiences that:
- Have a sustainable business model
- Give back to the community
- Drive responsible tourism
- Are innovative in nature
- Create a unique and authentic experience
The highly innovative best practice cases presented show that China is at the forefront of grass-roots responsible tourism development.
The vision of the Awards is to encourage responsible and sustainable tourism practices in China as a whole, while promoting the China as a responsible tourism destination to the world. The China Responsible Tourism Awards are held in conjunction with the annual China Responsible Tourism Forum.
Through public voting on Tripshow.com, and judged by a panel of experts, the Awards recognise exceptional achievement. Enhancing China's best practices in responsible tourism, the Awards will contribute to PATA's bigger strategic objective of societies embracing the complete visitor economy – the theme of the 2013 PATA Annual Summit.