Regional results for the month were as follows:
• Europe, 885,000 travelers, up four percent
• Caribbean, 397,000 travelers, up six percent
• Asia, 390,000 travelers, up two percent
• Central America, 137,000 travelers, up six percent
• South America, 124,000 travelers, up six percent
• Middle East, 122,000 travelers, up five percent
• Oceania, 43,000 travelers, up eight percent
• Africa, 27,000 travelers, down one percent
U.S. travel to other North American markets totaled 2.3 million and was up five percent compared to October 2012. Travel to Canada and Mexico for the year (27.3 million) was up two percent.
• Mexico, 1.5 million travelers, up six percent in October. Air travel (415,000) was up nine percent
• Canada, 848,000 travelers, up two percent. Air travel (296,000) up two percent
October 2013 YTD Market Share
U.S. travel to overseas locations accounted for 47 percent of U.S. outbound international travel.
• Europe, a 19 percent share;
• Caribbean, an 11 percent share;
• Asia, a seven percent share;
• Central America, a four percent share;
• South America, a three percent share;
• Middle East, a three percent share;
• Oceania, a one percent share, and
• Africa, a one percent share
North American markets received 53 percent of all U.S. international outbound travel.
• U.S. travel to Mexico a 32 percent share; and
• Canada a 21 percent share.