The National Travel & Tourism Office (NTTO) announced that U.S. Citizen International travel is up seven percent in March 2014.
U.S. citizen outbound totaled 14.3 million travelers for first quarter.
March 2014/2013 YTD Comparisons
U.S. travel to overseas markets (1) totaled 6.5 million, up four percent.
Regional results were:
- Europe, 1.88 million travelers, up two percent
- Caribbean, 1.75 million travelers, up five percent
- Asia, 1.09 million travelers, up two percent
- Central America, 728,000 travelers, up eight percent
- South America, 420,000 travelers, down one percent
- Middle East, 400,000 travelers, up nine percent
- Oceania, 174,000 travelers, up seven percent
- Africa, 73,000 travelers, down eight percent
U.S. travel to North American markets totaled 7.7 million, up 11 percent.
- Mexico, 6.2 million travelers, up 16 percent; air travel (1.9 million) up 12 percent
- Canada, 1.57 million travelers, down six percent; air travel (616,000) up two percent
March 2014 YTD Market Share
U.S. travel to overseas locations accounted for 46 percent of U.S. outbound international travel.
* Europe, a 13 percent share;
* Caribbean, a 12 percent share;
* Asia, an eight percent share;
* Central America, a five percent share;
* South America, a three percent share;
* Middle East, a three percent share;
* Oceania, a one percent share, and
* Africa, almost a one percent share
* North American markets received 54 percent of all U.S. international outbound travel.
* U.S. travel to Mexico 43 percent share; and
* Canada 11 percent share.