The Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) and UNWTO jointly published The UNWTO Global Report on Adventure Tourism.
The report allows all tourism stakeholders to work from a common base of understanding in one of the most progressive forms of tourism, which both organizations believe will develop into the industry standard.
The report, an eight chapter overview of the current adventure tourism industry, provides a history of adventure tourism as well as a discussion of current trends and timely issues. Chapters include:
• Industry introduction
• Global Trends in Adventure Tourism
• Adventure Tourism Industry Structure
• Local Economies, Communities and the Environment
• Adventure Tourism Operational Standards and Certifications
• Risk Management in Adventure Tourism
• Sector Challenges, Opportunities and Initiatives
The report can be downloaded from the UNWTO or the ATTA website.