Monopoly board game fans around the world have selected their favorite cities to become property spaces in the upcoming MONOPOLY HERE & NOW games, launching this fall. The final list of cities was revealed on March 19 by Hasbro, Inc. (HAS) on the MONOPOLY brand’s official birthday and the first ever World MONOPOLY Day.
After nearly 4 million votes cast in 182 countries, here are the cities that will be featured in the MONOPOLY HERE & NOW: World Edition game and U.S. Edition games.
MONOPOLY HERE & NOW: World Edition
- Dark Blue: Lima, Peru; Hong Kong, China
- Green: Riga, Latvia; Lisbon, Portugal; Istanbul, Turkey
- Yellow: Warsaw, Poland; Mexico City, Mexico; Santiago, Chile
- Red: Belfast, Ireland; Athens, Greece; Belgrade, Serbia
- Orange: London, England; Moscow, Russia; Tokyo, Japan
- Magenta: New York, NY, U.S.A; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Sydney, Australia
- Light Blue: Queenstown, New Zealand; Cape Town, South Africa; Taipei, Taiwan
- Brown: Giethoorn, Netherlands; Madrid, Spain
MONOPOLY HERE & NOW: U.S. Edition
- Dark Blue: Pierre, SD; Minneapolis, MN
- Green: New York, NY; Virginia Beach, VA; Los Angeles, CA
- Yellow: Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Charleston, SC
- Red: Detroit, MI; Boston, MA; Milwaukee, WI
- Orange: Cleveland, OH; Asheville, NC; Denver, CO
- Magenta: Atlanta, GA; Little Rock, AR; Seattle, WA
- Light Blue: Portsmouth, NH; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX
- Brown: Waconia, MN; Chesapeake, VA
Fans can find the results of the MONOPOLY HERE & NOW property space vote at VoteMonopoly.com.
The MONOPOLY HERE & NOW games will be available this fall and will feature iconic landmark tokens and new gameplay where players race round the board to visit as many locations as possible, collecting passport stamps along the way. Players will collect cash from visitor fees when opponents land on their locations and the first player to fill their passport wins.
The MONOPOLY brand is the world’s favorite family game brand and offers kids and families the thrill of owning it all across a variety of platforms and formats. Whether fans play face-to-face, on mobile devices or online, there is a MONOPOLY experience to fit every lifestyle. Learn more about the MONOPOLY brand at Monopoly.com