A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Cambodia was signed during the visit of the Vice President of India to Cambodia on 16th September, 2015. The MoU signed is for cooperation in the field of tourism with an aim to promoting bilateral tourism between the two countries.
Cambodia is an emerging tourism source market for India. The Government of India has extended the Electronic Tourist Visa (eTV) facility for citizens of Cambodia. This has elicited good response from the travel trade of both countries The Ministry of Tourism believes the MoU signed with Cambodia will further increase tourist arrivals from this important source market.
India and Cambodia have enjoyed a friendly and cordial bilateral relationship. The two parties desiring to strengthen and further develop the established relationship, had signed a MoU on Tourism Cooperation.
The main objectives of this Agreement are:
- Expansion of bilateral cooperation in the tourism sector.
- Exchange of information and data related to tourism.
- Encouraging Cooperation between tourism stakeholders including hotels and tour operators.
- Establishing exchange of programmes for cooperation in Human Resources Development.
- Investment in the tourism and hospitality sectors.
- Exchange of visits of tour operators/media/opinion makers for promotion of two way tourism.
- Exchange of experience in areas of promotion, marketing, destination development and management.
- Participation in travel fairs/exhibitions in each other’s country.
- Promoting safe, honourable and sustainable tourism.