Africa has a remarkable number of golf courses -- 828 courses in 50 countries with a little more than half of those, 450, located in South Africa.
Egypt, Kenya, Mauritius, Morocco, South Africa, Tunisia and Zimbabwe are all gaining reputations as good destinations for a golf holiday.
CNN Travel’s top 10 best golf courses in Africa, in alphabetical order by country
1. The Cascades course at Soma Bay, Hurghada, Egypt
2. The Heritage Golf Club, Bel Ombre, Mauritius
3. Le Touessrok golf course, Ile Aux Cerfs, Mauritius
4. Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort, El Jadida, Morocco
5. Windhoek Golf & Country Club, Namibia
6. Lemuria Resort golf course, Praslin Island, the Seychelles
7. Fancourt Links golf course, George, Western Cape, South Africa
8. The Gary Player Country Club course, Sun City, South Africa
9. Flamingo golf course, Monastir, Tunisia
10. Leopard Rock Golf Resort, Mutare, Zimbabwe