Orlando will host PRO BOWL and week long festivities in 2017. The announcement was made today at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort.
Culminating with the 2017 Pro Bowl game at Camping World Stadium in Orlando on Sunday, January 29 and televised live at 8 PM ET on ESPN and ESPN Deportes, PRO BOWL WEEK will celebrate all levels of football – from youth to high school to the NFL’s best.
The 2017 Pro Bowl will feature a return to the traditional AFC vs. NFC game format following three years using a revised, "unconferenced" format. The NFL’s best will once again be in the spotlight as 88 players – 44 from the AFC and 44 from the NFC – are determined by the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches.
Among the highlights of PRO BOWL WEEK:
• Pro Bowl AFC and NFC practices will be held alongside youth football competitions, activities and fan events at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort, which annually hosts more than 100 youth sports events, such as the Pop Warner Super Bowl.
• The 2017 Pro Bowl players will also be able to invite their former youth or high school coach to be a part of the celebrations during the week. Players on the winning Pro Bowl team will receive a grant from the NFL Foundation to support their youth or high school football program.
• The annual USA Football National Conference will take place during the week leading up to the Pro Bowl. USA Football, the sport's national governing body and a member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, leads the largest annual conference of high school and youth football administrators and high school coaches in the United States. More than 650 participants from all 50 states attended USA Football's 2016 National Conference in Indianapolis, addressing coach education, player safety and key trends through inspiring speakers representing youth, high school, collegiate and pro levels.
• The Don Shula NFL High School Coach of the Year Award winner will be announced during the Pro Bowl as part of a year-long recognition of high school coaches on ESPN. The award honors high school football coaches that display the integrity, achievement, and leadership exemplified by Pro Football Hall of Famer DON SHULA, the winningest coach in NFL history.
• Pro Bowl festivities for youth and their families will take place throughout the week across Orlando, including a Pro Bowl-themed 5k run and a parade of Pro Bowl players in the Magic Kingdom.
Beginning in the fall of 2016, first priority access to Pro Bowl game tickets will go to Season Ticket Members of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the other 29 NFL clubs and Florida Citrus Sports.
Remaining inventory of Pro Bowl game tickets will be available for purchase by the public in November. Fans may register on ProBowl.com for exclusive presale opportunities and additional information on Pro Bowl Week fan events in Orlando.
Football fans will also be able to see NFL action at Camping World Stadium when the Miami Dolphins host the Atlanta Falcons Thursday, August 25 at 8 PM ET in Week 3 of the preseason to celebrate Play Football Month. Youth football teams from across Florida will be honored as part of the gameday activities.
The game will also provide NFL officials the opportunity to observe the gameday experience and stadium operations. Miami Dolphins Season Ticket Members & Florida Citrus Sports Members will have the first opportunity to purchase tickets during an exclusive pre-sale on Monday, June 6, at 10 AM ET. The public on-sale will be on Thursday, June 9 at 10 AM ET. Fans can visit Dolphins.com for more information.