Sponsored by Tourism Vancouver, this year’s new app will add to the show’s promise of crowdsourcing by allowing attendees to provide immediate feedback on anything from the keynote addresses to education sessions.
“The use of the IBTM Global Events app goes hand in hand with this year’s theme which calls for maximum interactivity,” said Jaime Rosov Marketing Director for AIBTM. “Our goal is to elicit as much attendee feedback as possible to ‘Define The Future of Meetings… Together’, and the mobile app will serve as a platform to help make that happen.”
In addition to its crowdsourcing functionality, the app contains nine sections specifically designed to keep attendees organised and up to date:
• Programme: Houses the schedule of events and specialty features for each day of the show
• Speakers: Offers an alphabetised list of all speakers scheduled to present during education sessions
• Exhibitors: Gives an alphabetised list of all exhibitors and their booth numbers, searchable by exhibitor type or product interest.
• My Event: Allows attendees to personalise their AIBTM experience by creating their own agenda and adding favorites.
• Maps: Provides a state of the art interactive map of the show floor
• News & Social: Includes access to AIBTM’s social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and i-Meet along with Tourism Vancouver’s twitter feed
• My Guide: Offers general information about AIBTM, McCormick Place, Tourism Vancouver and different events taking place throughout the course of the show
• Messages: Allows attendees to receive important alerts and messages regarding show floor activities and networking opportunities
• Local Guide: Provides an alphabetised list of local vendors, including restaurants and bars for those interested in exploring Chicago
Jackie Groves, Vice President of Sales and Marketing comments, “We are delighted to be working with AIBTM again this year and supporting them to deliver an event App which will help all of the show attendees get the very most out of their participation at the show. As one of the leading global web and mobile solutions providers for the industry, we are constantly innovating and delivering cutting edge products for our customers.”
“Tourism Vancouver is proud to sponsor the AIBTM mobile app this year, said Rachael Nocera, CMP, Manager of Meetings and Convention Sales for Tourism Vancouver, who will offer a nine-night trip to Vancouver for meeting planners that bring an RFP to their booth during AIBTM. “We are committed to leveraging technology to create smarter, more efficient meetings for our partners. This app will help AIBTM attendees do just that by staying up-to-date with all the show happenings.”
To download the app:
• Select you preferred platform App Store or Google Play.
• Search the App Store or Google Play for “IBTM Global Events”.
• The AIBTM Event is located within the IBTM Global Events multi-event app.
AIBTM 2013 will launch on June 11.