The Meetings Show UK, which is taking place between the 9th and 11th July at Olympia, London, is partnering with DoubleDutch, the leading provider of mobile event technology, to create the show’s dedicated application. The two companies designed the app to provide visitors with an engaging tool to guide them around the event, create a schedule on the go, and interact with visitors and exhibitors. The app has been developed to perfectly integrate with social media and utilises new mobile badge scanning technology to maximise exhibitors’ leads.
The app will be available for mobile devices on Android, iOS and mobile web platforms. It requires users to create a profile and login, so only those who have The Meetings Show UK app can view information provided by other opt-in users.
The design of the app is user friendly and is easy to navigate - even for the most technophobic of attendees. The app includes:
• A social news feed detailing attendees’ likes, check-ins and status updates
• Personal profiles where individuals can upload an image and utilise private messaging services
• Personal status updates, shareable via major social media sites
• The ability to follow other individuals and comment on their status
• A ‘leaderboard’ which shows how active the user is in comparison to others
• Search facility to find other users based on shared interests
• Full details of the educational and professional networking programmes
• Exhibitor list including an interactive floor plan
• A photo upload function and picture stream
• Maps and general show information
• Pre-defined exhibitor profiles to allow swift set up and facilitate greater data capture