Emirates customers can now stay fully charged with the launch of 30 wireless charging trays for most smartphones in its First Class and Business Class Lounges in Concourse A, B and C in Dubai. With free Wi-Fi in all Emirates Lounges globally, and on nearly 120 aircraft, customers can also stay connected throughout their journey.
This new offering is another step in Emirates’ strategic plan to offer greater mobility and connectivity to its customers.
"Our aspiration is to provide greater comfort for our customers and a hassle-free, seamless travel experience. Mobile devices are an intrinsic part of our lives, and at Emirates we see free Wi-Fi and wireless charging on the go as becoming the norm in the future travel experience,” said Mohammed Mattar, Divisional Senior VP Emirates Airport Services. “That is why we invest to continually enhance connectivity in our Lounges and onboard our aircraft. We are working with leading technology providers to launch a broader and more evolved deployment of wireless charging in our Lounges and look forward to expanding this service for our customers."
Placed in highly visible locations around the Lounges, the wireless charging trays can currently be used to charge mobile phone devices only, accommodating up to two phones at a time. The charging tray is compatible with Android, Blackberry, as well as iPhones using a cable. Customers can simply place their compatible device on the tray to charge it wirelessly.
The Emirates Lounge:
- Dedicated lounges for Emirates First Class and Business Class customers - Skywards Platinum and Gold members can also access the Business Class lounge in Dubai.
- Offers its guests an extensive open buffet of gourmet dishes, as well as a complimentary full-bar service including premium wine, spirits and champagne. First Class customers can look forward to a la carte dining prepared in a live kitchen.
- Offers services including; a fully equipped business centre with complimentary Wi-Fi connection across the lounge area, TV and reading areas, shower facilities and a prayer room.
- Premium customers in Dubai can also avail of the Timeless Spa located in Concourse A and B.
- Furnished with Italian marble floors, Gold Rolex clocks, leather armchairs and Walnut wood finish, in line with the worldwide Emirates quality standards.
- Emirates now operates 38 dedicated lounges around its six-continent network including lounges in Auckland, Bangkok, Beijing, Birmingham, Brisbane, six lounges in Dubai, Colombo, Delhi, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Glasgow, Hamburg, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Los Angeles, Manchester, Milan. Munich, Melbourne, New York - JFK, Paris - Charles de Gaulle, Perth, Rome, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney, Shanghai, Tokyo - Narita and Zurich.