They are some of the most connected people in the UK travel industry arranging tailormade tours to the Indian subcontinent and South East Asia for the last 10 years.
Yet Ampersand Travel has felt that there’s been a gap in the market for genuinely interesting tours of the British Isles for the luxury traveller and for those wanting exclusive access to events and destinations that others just don’t offer.
So, Ampersand UK has now launched, offering just that. Giving a highly personalised service, Ampersand’s tours will be bespoke from the outset suiting a range of travellers – international and domestic - looking for a contemporary take on travelling around Britain. The Ampersand team has scoured the country using their superb contacts, local knowledge and that loved Ampersand opinion. They have 12 suggested itineraries and a portfolio of handpicked hotels in London and across the UK, all of which have received Ampersand’s discerning stamp of approval. As always, every journey is designed to a client’s requirements, whatever their idea of fun or relaxation may be.
Tours will focus on architecture, contemporary art and literary legends, special events such as Christmas in London, fashion weekends as well as more fun ‘learning to be an English gentleman’ and royal tours of London and Britain. These can be as handheld as desired using Blue Badge guides and can include add-ons like being met off the aircraft at the airport for those that want a truly indulgent experience.
Ampersand works with boutique hotels, lesser known contemporary classics and the unmissable grande dames. Treasures like Limewood, Aldourie Castle, Boundary in Shoreditch, Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Royal Crescent and Ballyfin in Ireland are just a few of the properties that have been chosen by the Ampersand team.
Exclusive access events on offer include headline shows and sporting events as well as special one off creations or tours with the absolute experts in their fields such as:
• Private tours of Hampton Court out of hours
• Lake District food safaris with Annette Gibbons the well-known Cumbria-based food expert
• Seats at Wimbledon – all stages and boxes at Ascot
• Having a kilt tailor-made by Kinloch Anderson - the Queen’s kilt maker
• Soucing the best West End tickets and providing exclusive background on the history of the theatre, the cast and technical know-how of the show, all provided by a VIP host
• A private afternoon tea on the Lady Sophina Thames River Launch. Lady Sophina is an immaculate varnished mahogany teak boat dating from the 1920s