When NTA tour operators attend Contact on Hawai`i, the Big Island, August 15-17, they will look past the warm waters to get the cold facts.
“For tour operators to thrive in an industry that’s constantly changing, they need to stay on top of market trends and technology, and that’s what the Contact education focuses on,” said Lisa Simon, NTA president. “We’ll have topics ranging from change management and e-marketing to tapping the Millennial and Chinese markets.”
Exclusive to operators, Contact provides NTA members with operator-to-operator networking and education tailored specifically for them. Banking on the success of last year’s China Market Forum, NTA will renew the series in Hawai`i and provide three sessions, featuring government officials and tour operators from both China and the United States.
The rest of this year’s education lineup is themed “Waves of Change: Global Trends that Will Disrupt Your Business.” On Aug. 16 and 17 tour operators will learn about current, global trends affecting the travel industry—plus one seminar, “Managing with Aloha,” that outlines business philosophy in tune with the site of the retreat. Other sessions include:
• Leadership and Change Management
• The Great NTA Tech Tool and Social Media Swap
• How-to Tactics for Tackling the Millennial Generation
• Owners Network Top-shelf Discussion
• Riding the Waves of Change: Big Ideas to Lead You to SuccessAlong with attending education and networking offerings, Contact attendees are also able to participate in familiarization trips and sightseeing excursions in and around the Big Island.