Thailand has recently announced the introduction of the new Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (METV) for foreign visitors to facilitate the forth coming ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) integration and to boost Thailand’s tourism industry. The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa is available from 13 November, 2015, onwards and can be obtained from the Royal Thai Embassies and Consulates worldwide.
The six-month METV, costing 5,000 Baht, will grant travellers unlimited border crossings for up to 60 days per stay within the visa validity.
Requirements for the METV Applications: in addition to the required documents for a tourist visa, applicants for the METV must provide the following supporting documents:
1. Passport or travel document with a minimum six months of validity.
2. Visa application form completely filled out.
3. Two passport-sized photographs (2-inch x 2-inch).
4. Evidence of permanent residence/residence permit (if the applicant is not a national of the country where he/she is applying for the visa.)
5. Copy of bank statements or evidence of adequate finances in the last six months with a minimum balance equivalent to 200,000 Baht (every month).
6. Letter of Employment. For those who are self-employed, a business license or business registration indicating the applicant’s name.
7. For students, proof of full-time student status.
8. Copy of an air ticket, e-ticket or proof of itinerary (for the first visit to the Kingdom minimum).
9. For minors under 20 years of age, a copy of a birth certificate, copies of the mother’s and father’s passports/ID and copy of a Marriage Certificate if any; letter of consent from the mother and father for the minor to travel abroad in the case not accompanying with the child (has to be notarised); in case of sole custody, a copy of the court order must be provided.
10. Visa fee for the METV: 5,000 Baht.
For more information on the Multiple Entry Tourist Visa, please contact the Royal Thai Embassy and Consulate in your respective country. www.thaiembassy.org/main