With quarantine-free travel for fully vaccinated citizens from Singapore to Australia commencing from 21 November, Tourism Australia is kicking off a new campaign to encourage Singaporeans to explore Australia.
The ‘Yours to Explore’ campaign will remind Singaporeans of all the incredible experiences and destinations that await them in Australia for their next holiday.
Tourism Australia Managing Director Phillipa Harrison said Singaporeans who take advantage of the new quarantine-free travel arrangements from 21 November will be amongst some of the first international travellers able to holiday in Australia once again.
“As one of our largest inbound markets, we have long held strong tourism ties with Singapore, so we are really excited to be welcoming our friends from Singapore back to Australia,” Ms. Harrison said.
“We are inviting Singaporeans to take the opportunity to relax, reconnect with loved ones, and discover – or perhaps rediscover – some of the lesser-known parts of Australia that make us such an incredible holiday destination.
“Quarantine-free travel between our two countries is also an important step in rebuilding international tourism to Australia, and also provides a framework for the resumption of inbound travel from other key international markets in time.”
The new $4 million ‘Yours to Explore’ campaign will start rolling out in Singapore from 19 November and is scheduled to run until June 2022 across TV, out-of-home, cinema, online, print, radio and social media, and will be supported by a range of PR and partner activities.
All marketing activity will be amplified via partnerships with airlines, State and Territory Tourism Organisations and key distribution partners in the Singapore market.
Tourism Australia is working with a range of key distribution partners to maximise opportunities to drive bookings and recovery for Australia’s hard-hit tourism economy. Partners include Chan Brothers, UOB Travel, Dynasty Travel and CheapTickets.sg who will provide tactical offers aimed at stimulating travel to Australia from Singapore. Tourism Australia is also partnering with Klook.com to offer Singaporeans a range of amazing travel experiences they can book before or during their trip in Australia.
Tourism Australia is also partnering with Singapore Airlines and Qantas to support the recovery of the airline industry and recommence services into Australia in the coming months.
• Singapore is Australia’s sixth largest source market for international visitation and seventh most valuable for spend.
• Of the 10.7 million Singaporeans who travelled internationally during 2019, 479,000 travelled to Australia, making up 5 per cent of all international arrivals to Australia.
• 82% per cent of Singapore leisure travellers are repeat visitors to Australia, with 72% having visited the country more than twice. This familiarity with Australia is a huge strength, and an opportunity to encourage Singaporean travellers to explore new and less familiar Australian destinations.
• Total expenditure by Singapore travellers equated to $1.53 billion in 2019, of which $837 million was spent by leisure travellers alone. On average they spend $2,624 per trip and $269 per night, the second highest market after the US.
• Singapore travellers spend on average 8 nights holidaying in Australia of which 44% are spent in regional areas. (International Visitor Survey YE Dec 2019).
• 40% of visitors from Singapore in 2019 visited two or more cities or regions in Australia. Victoria was the most visited state followed by WA, NSW, QLD (International Visitor Survey YE Dec 2019)
• Sources: Australian Bureau of Statistics; and Tourism Research Australia, International Visitor Survey year end December 2019.