The United States Government has announced the commencement of applications for the Green Card, a document granting permanent residency in the United States.
Applications for the Green Card lottery, or DV Lottery, can be made free of charge.
What is a Green Card?
Individuals who secure a Green Card gain the right to live and work in the United States for life. Apart from voting rights, Green Card holders enjoy almost all the rights that American citizens do. They can live with their entire family in the U.S., start businesses, and even become government officials if they wish. After settling in the U.S., they can also apply for full citizenship within five years.
How to Apply for a Green Card?
The online registration period for the DV-2025 Program begins on Wednesday, October 4, 2023, at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4) and concludes on Tuesday, November 7, 2023, at 12:00 noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5). Submission of more than one entry for a person during the registration period will disqualify all entries for that person.
Applications for the Green Card lottery are made free of charge through the DV Lottery website. Since the application site is in English, it is crucial for all stages and questions to be understood and answered correctly, and applicants must enter their information without any errors.
Is English Proficiency Mandatory for Green Card Application?
Knowing English is not mandatory to apply for a Green Card. However, candidates who win the Green Card in the lottery will need to prove their English proficiency.
What are the Conditions for Green Card Application?
- Applicants must have graduated from high school or an equivalent and must have worked for at least two years in a job requiring expertise and experience within the last five years.
- People wishing to participate in the Green Card lottery should apply between October and November.
- Applicants can only apply once for the U.S. Green Card. Multiple applications under the same name will invalidate all applications.
- Applications are made online at www.dvlottery.state.gov. Applicants must provide identity information, information related to the country of citizenship, and, if applicable, information about spouse and children. The photo used in the application must meet the specifications requested on the site.
- The applicant’s country must be among those eligible to apply for a Green Card as determined by the U.S. government. Turkey is among the eligible countries.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old. Those under 18 must apply under the supervision of their parents.
- It is essential to keep the number provided after the application.
What is Unique for this year?
The United Kingdom will participate in the annual Green Card Lottery for permanent US residents this year.
Individuals born in the United Kingdom and all its dependent territories will be eligible to apply for permanent residence under the US Diversity Visa Programme this year.
The Green Card application process is a significant opportunity for those wishing to live and work in the United States. It is crucial for applicants to adhere to the guidelines and conditions laid out by the U.S. government to ensure a smooth application process and to secure a chance to win permanent residency in the United States.