In a significant announcement by UEFA, Italy and Turkey have been jointly selected to co-host the UEFA EURO 2032.
This decision marks a historic moment, especially for Turkey, as it will be their debut in hosting this prestigious football championship.
The UEFA Executive Committee’s decision was unveiled by President Aleksander Čeferin, emphasizing the importance of collaboration and unity in the world of football. The joint bid by Italy and Turkey was chosen for its promise of delivering a unique and memorable experience for fans and players alike.
Italy is no stranger to hosting the European Championship, having previously been the main host in 1968 and 1980. Additionally, Rome was one of the cities that hosted matches during the UEFA EURO 2020. For the 2032 edition, Italy has proposed several iconic venues, including:
- Stadio San Siro – Giuseppe Meazza in Milan
- Stadio Olimpico in Rome
- Stadio San Nicola in Bari, which is set to undergo renovations
- Stadio Diego Armando Maradona in Naples, also slated for renovations
- Stadio Artemio Franchi in Florence, a new stadium proposal
- Other venues include the Juventus Stadium in Turin, Stadio Luigi Ferraris in Genoa, Stadio Marcantonio Bentegodi in Verona, Stadio Renato Dall’Ara in Bologna, and Stadio Sant’Elia in Cagliari.
On the other hand, Turkey, in its inaugural hosting role, has proposed a mix of existing and new stadiums to be part of this grand event. Some of the highlighted venues from Turkey include:
- Atatürk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul, which is set for renovations
- New Ankara Stadium in Ankara, a new stadium proposal
- Ali Sami Yen Stadium and Şükrü Saracoğlu Stadium both in Istanbul
- Other venues include Timsah Arena in Bursa, Şenol Güneş Sports Complex in Trabzon, Konya Metropolitan Stadium in Konya, Gaziantep Kalyon Stadium in Gaziantep, Eskişehir Stadium in Eskişehir, and Antalya Stadium in Antalya.
For those planning to attend matches in Istanbul and seeking the best accommodations, don’t miss our guide on the “Best Hotels to Stay Near Istanbul Stadiums.” This article offers handpicked hotels that provide the perfect blend of comfort and proximity to the city’s iconic sports arenas.
The Italy and Turkey 2032 Bid Partnership expressed their enthusiasm and dedication to the project, emphasizing their shared Mediterranean culture. Their motto, “Play as One,” encapsulates their vision for the tournament, promising an unparalleled EURO experience for all involved.
With these two nations at the helm, the UEFA EURO 2032 is set to be an event that celebrates football, culture, and unity on an unprecedented scale.
Photo credit: Kristian Skeie – UEFA/UEFA via Getty Images