Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) has unveiled its latest offering, “Southwest Business Meetings,” aimed at revolutionizing the way meeting planners manage travel.
This newly designed experience is set to simplify the travel management process, offering industry-leading tools that promise efficiency and convenience.
Meeting planners often face challenges when coordinating travel for large groups, especially when last-minute changes arise. Recognizing these challenges, Southwest Airlines has introduced features such as automated proposal processes, complimentary name change requests up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure, and enhanced reporting tools. These features are designed to provide planners with a seamless experience, ensuring that they can focus on the event itself rather than the intricacies of travel arrangements.
Dave Harvey, Chief Sales Officer and Vice President at Southwest Airlines, commented on the launch, stating, “Southwest Business Meetings is a testament to our dedication to enhancing travel programs. We aim to eliminate any hurdles in the travel management process, introducing a new era of digital hospitality. Our goal is to let planners concentrate on their events, while we handle the travel logistics, offering unique solutions that benefit both the planners and the travelers.”
The new features are especially beneficial for large meetings, catering to groups of 25 or more travelers. Some of the standout options include:
- Automated proposal requests that simplify the initial stages of travel planning.
- Efficient proposal management and tracking, ensuring that planners are always in the loop.
- The flexibility of self-service name change requests, available up to 24 hours before departure.
- Multiple booking channels to suit the planner’s preference, whether it’s GDS, API/Direct Connect, or SWABIZ®.
- Access to specialized reports through Southwest Business Assist™, providing insights tailored to meeting-specific travel.
It’s worth noting that the complimentary name change feature is available for eligible organizations that have this contractual benefit. However, any changes made must retain the original itinerary to avoid potential fare adjustments.
For those interested in exploring what Southwest Business Meetings has to offer, more information is available on the Southwest website at Southwest.com/businessmeetings.