The International LGBTQ+ Travel Association (IGLTA) announced its Board of Directors for 2024.
Four industry thought leaders, representing three different sectors in tourism/hospitality, were first-time appointees and will begin their two-year term in January.
IGLTA welcomed four new Board members:
- Burcu Kisakurek (she/her), Founder and Managing Director of Unison Turkey Travel & Events (Istanbul)
- Sangeeta Naik (she/her), Global Head of Strategic Partnerships and Marketing at American Express Travel (New York City)
- Shiho Ikeuchi (she/her), General Manager at the Ace Hotel (Kyoto)
- Fred Dixon (he/him), President and CEO of New York City Tourism + Conventions (New York City)
“Embracing diversity in IGLTA’s Board composition is not just a goal, but a cornerstone of our vision for IGLTA. That’s why we’re thrilled to welcome our new members, Burcu, Sangeeta, Fred and Shiho, who bring valuable global insights and experience to our dynamic team. Together with our returning members, they form a powerful collective dedicated to advancing LGBTQ+ travel,” said Felipe Cardenas, 2023 IGLTA Board Chair.
And IGLTA announced the 2024 Board Executive Committee:
- Dougal Mckenzie (he/him), Chair, Google
- Meg Ten Eyck (she/her), Vice Chair, EveryQueer
- Norma Dean (she/her), Co-Treasurer, Delta Air Lines
- Josh Good (he/him), Co-Treasurer, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA)
- Burcu Kisakurek (she/her), Secretary, Unison Turkey Travel & Events
- Felipe Cardenas (he/him), Immediate Past Chair, Cámara de la Diversidad
IGLTA also welcomed back their returning Board members:
- Maria Cuba (she/her), Airbnb
- Sean Howell (he/him), Buffalo Market
- Glenn Stress (he/him), Marriott International
- Amy Martin-Ziegenfuss (she/her), Carnival Cruise Line
- Cheryl Richards (she/her), Visit Dallas
- Albert Herrera (he/him), Internova
- Oriol Pamies (he/him), Queer Destinations
- Antonietta Varlese (she/her), Accor
- John Tanzella (he/him), Ex Officio Member, IGLTA
IGLTA Board members are selected from a nominating committee composed of current Board members who are not up for reappointment and IGLTA members at large from around the world. Thank you to this year’s Nominating Committee: Michelle Buttigieg (she/her), Malta Tourism; Richard Krieger (he/him), Sky Vacations; Amy Martin-Zeigenfuss (she/her), Carnival Cruise Line; and YT Kivisaari (he/him), Oulu Tourism Finland. IGLTA would also like to thank the departing Board members for their many years of dedication and service: Theresa Belpulsi (she/her), Destination DC; Jon Muñoz (he/him), Travel + Leisure Co.; Richard Krieger (he/him), Sky Vacations; Uwern Jong (he/him), OutThere Publishing; and Apoorva Gandhi (he/him), Marriott International.