oneworld is named the best alliance for wine in the 2017 Wines on the Wing survey published by US magazine Global Traveler. Besides winning the “best alliance” title, oneworld’s member airlines also flew high in the Global Traveler Wines on the Wing awards – just as they did in Business Traveller’s Cellars in the Sky awards that presented in February 2017.
American Airlines received the toast as best North American airline for wines in First/Business Class, as well as taking gold for North American First/Business Class White Wine and Red Wine and a silver award for International First Class Champagne.
American and British Airways, along with airberlin, also took several runners-up placings.
Thirty two airlines submitted 56 white wines, 61 red wines and 28 champagne or sparkling wines currently served on their international Business Class and North American premium class wine lists for a blind taste test in the Wines on the Wing awards. The tasting was organised by Global Traveler magazine, using 21 independent judges who are noted wine-industry experts.
This latest award further confirms oneworld’s standing as the most highly prized global airline alliance. Besides the two wine awards, oneworld is the current holder of seven “best airline alliance” titles:
- 2017 Trazees Favorite Airline Alliance, for the second time.
- Global Traveler magazine’s 2016 GT Tested Reader Survey – for the seventh year in a row.
- FlightStats’ Airline Alliance On-Time Performance Service Award for 2016, for the fourth year running.
- Business Traveller’s 2016 Best Airline Alliance for the fourth year running.
- Business Traveler North America’s 2016 Best in Business Travel Awards, for the second consecutive year.
- World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2016 for the 14th year running.
- Premier Traveler’s Best of Travel Awards – for the third year running.