Cunard previewed the line’s new 2014 cruise programme, featuring a markedly increased presence in the Mediterranean, and special Transatlantic Crossings and celebratory events to mark the 10th birthday of flagship Queen Mary 2.
“Our new 2014 itineraries offer added variety and innovation to our loyal Cunarders, as well as appeal to today’s luxury traveller,” announced Peter Shanks, president of Cunard Line, while aboard Queen Mary 2 during her port of call to Sydney, Australia. “By offering the best in cities and destinations, along with the outstanding luxury experience on board, Cunard is a compelling vacation choice for 2014.”
Shanks continued, “Our unique international mix creates a cosmopolitan flavour on board, which appeals to the growing number of luxury travellers around the world who are looking for a discerning vacation experience.”
The new programme commences in Spring 2014, following the return of Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth from their extensive 2014 World Voyages.
Full Season for Queen Elizabeth in the Mediterranean
The highly rated Queen Elizabeth – the 2012 recipient of Travel Weekly’s Silver Magellan Award for “Luxury Cruise Ship” – offers one of the best experiences in the Mediterranean:
- Departures from June to December 2014 in the Mediterranean
- Choice of seven-, 14- or 21-day durations, with departures from Venice, Rome and Athens; seven-day itineraries can be combined to suit individual preference
- Over 70 departure combinations available
- Destinations rich in content, with 25 different ports visiting a mix of famous cities, iconic sights and intimate islands, including overnight stays in Istanbul and Venice
- Maiden calls at seven ports, including Elba, Kotor (Montenegro), Bodrum (Turkey), Volos (Greece) and Palermo (Sicily)
Queen Mary 2 North America Sailings
Four roundtrip sailings from New York offer a particular North American focus:
- 4th of July Getaway cruise with Boston fireworks
- 22 December 12-night Caribbean Fiesta Christmas and New Year celebration sailing
- Two 12-night Fall Colours cruises to Canada and New England
New Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossings
The popularity of Transatlantic Crossings on Queen Mary 2 continues to grow, and 2014 marks the 10th anniversary of the most famous ship in the world. Queen Mary 2 will undertake 18 Crossings
* Two, eight-night Crossings via Halifax (Nova Scotia, Canada) to celebrate Cunard’s Transatlantic heritage – Halifax was originally the line’s east coast port of call – and to honour the birthplace of company founder Samuel Cunard
* Two “Birthday Crossings” to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Queen Mary 2 – which will include a host of special events and celebrations – from Southampton to New York on 9 May, and New York to Southampton on 16 May
* Three Queens event in Southampton on 9 May to celebrate the 10th Anniversary
* Ten Crossings between Hamburg and New York, featuring two-night escorted tours of Hamburg and Berlin
The Best of Europe with Queen Victoria and Queen Mary 2
Based in Southampton for Summer 2014, Queen Victoria will offer a variety of strong itineraries to the Fjords, Baltic and Iceland, plus sailings to the Black Sea and Atlantic Isles. In addition:
Queen Victoria will sail a Round Britain cruise with a call at Liverpool timed to coincide with the 100th Anniversary of the first sailing of Cunard’s Aquitania on 30 May.
Queen Mary 2 will offer Northern Europe sailings from Hamburg to appeal to the German and North American markets.
Queen Victoria will feature maiden calls to six ports including, Invergordon, Skagen (Denmark), Mytilene (Greece) and St. Tropez.
Cunard’s 2014 Voyage Progamme goes on sale worldwide on 9 April. Full details, including itinerary information and fares, will be released in each market over the next two weeks.