Edmiston, the leading yacht sales and charter company, has added the impressive new 49m sailing yacht Ohana to its charter portfolio.
Ohana features a total sail area of 4,085m2 and will be available for charter from June in French Polynesia.
She consists of large spaces and entertainment areas complemented with superb accommodation for up to 10 guests in 5 cabins making her the perfect sailing yacht for exploring the tropical landscapes, beaches, lagoons and dramatic mountains of this region.
Edmiston’s suggested French Polynesia itinerary explores the most famous collection of islands in this region – the Society Islands;
• Tahiti – Recommended for dramatic landscapes of towering mountains, deep valleys and cascading waterfalls. Edmiston recommends a 4x4safari through the jungle in search of burial caves, hidden grottoes, the lava tubes of Hitiaa and the waterfalls at Tiarei.
• Bora Bora - This four million year old split volcanic island is great for diving. Point Maitra is the recommended site for encounters with manta rays, spotted rays and grey rays.
• Moorea – Moorea has jagged mountains, pineapple plantations, deep bays and volcanic peaks and offers the best views of Tahiti. It also provides the rare opportunity to swim with electric rays.
• Taha’a - Best known for the rich aroma of vanilla that lingers heavily in the air, Taha’a has retained a traditional Polynesian charm. It is also the only island in the Society Islands that can be completely circumnavigated by boat inside the protected lagoon.
• Huahine – Huahine Nui and Huahine Iti are some of Polynesia’s best-kept secrets and as one of last Polynesian Islands to succumb to French rule has managed to hold onto its traditional way of life in its handful ofsmall villages.
Rory Trahair, Head of Marketing for Edmiston commented, “We continue to see increased demand for large sailing yachts and are pleased to add this impressive yacht to our collection. The islands of French Polynesia have long captured the imagination with the tropical landscapes, shallow lagoons, crystal clear waters and dramatic mountains. For a limited time this summer Ohana will be available for charter in the region and will ensure that exploration of this area is unforgettable.”