Windstar is launching its first-ever series of Cruisetours, premiering in Asia and Arabia.
For those wanting to extend their cruise vacation with a land experience, the Cruisetour collection allows guests to experience the wonders of the Far East without the stress of planning the travel. Starting at $5,299 Cruisetours include: the cost of the cruise, flights to the Cruisetour city, accommodations in a luxury hotel, excursions with an expert guide in each new city, select meals, and transfers.
Guests who book by August 29, 2014 will receive up to a $1,000 airfare credit per person, free hotel and transfers on arrival, a complimentary exclusive Private Event on the voyage crafted solely for Windstar guests, and savings of up to 50% of the cruise fare.
Singapore, the Malay Peninsula, & Myanmar Cruisetour
• Cruisetour Experience: Travel to a world long closed to western eyes to enjoy the mystical beauty of Myanmar on this 4-day journey. Guests will visit Yangon and Bangan to explore one of the world’s most revered UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Bagan Archaeological Zone. Highlights include a trip to Phwar Saw Village where locals welcome participants into their homes and share cooking secrets, using the market’s fresh ingredients.
• Cruise: Singapore & the Malay Peninsula, 10-day round trip voyage from Singapore
• Hotels: 5-Star Sule Shangri-La and 5-star Bagan Lodge
• Special Tip: For a limited time receive a FREE hot air balloon ride in Bagan.
Southeast Asia Unveiled & Angkor Wat Cruisetour
• Cruisetour Experience: Journey to the ancient temples in Cambodia on this 3-day excursion. Guests will start in Siem Ream, with visits to Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Tonle Sap Lake, and Les Artisans d’Angkor. Highlights include a traditional Cambodian feast with a cultural dance performance and a guided tour on board a small shaded vessel moving between floating homes and small fish farms.
• Cruise: Southeast Asia Unveiled, a 10-day voyage from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh City.
• Hotels: Le Meridien Angkor in Siem Reap and Caravelle Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City
• Special tip: The Angkor Wat Cruistour can be booked either pre- or post- cruise.
Wonders of Civilization Cruisetour
• Cruisetour Experience: Explore the ancient city of Cairo on this 5-day excursion. Guests will leave the ship in Luxor before traveling to Cairo to tour the ancient Pyramids of Giza and the mysterious Sphinx. Local highlights include a tour of the Solar Boat, the ritual vessel believed to provide transport for the Pharoah’s soul to the afterlife, as well as a camel ride through the desert.
• Cruise: Wonders of Arabia, a 6-day voyage from Athens to Safaga
• Hotels: Hilton Luxor, and 5-Star Mena House Hotel in Giza
• Special tip: Join Windstar CEO Hans Birkholz as he hosts this Wonders of Arabia voyage