AmaWaterways, the world’s leading river cruise line, celebrates the modern epicurean lifestyle aboard its luxurious ships invites travelers to uncork the traditions of the local culture and experience the wonders of wine along Europe’s legendary waterways.
With a new luxury ship in its fleet, AmaKristina, and 95 sailings hosted by celebrated North American wine experts, AmaWaterways announces its 2017-2018 Wine Cruises Through Europe.
President and Co-Owner Rudi Schreiner said, “Due to high demand, we have more than doubled the number of Wine Cruises since 2015 and are excited to see the program continue to expand this year with our new ship, AmaKristina, and two new itineraries.”
In addition to the many onboard activities and immersive shore excursions, AmaWaterways’ Wine Cruises add a unique, epicurean dimension to a variety of itineraries that immerse guests in the wine culture of the regions toured, such as Austria’s Wachau Valley, France’s Bordeaux region, Portugal’s Douro Valley, and more. Tastings, winery tours, private cellar tours, visits to iconic vineyards, and first-hand lessons on the nuances of Old World winemaking encapsulate an enriching, educational experience—all at no additional cost. Samples of AmaWaterways’ Wine Cruise itineraries include:
- Rhine & Moselle Splendors, a new itinerary that takes guests on a voyage through the pages of a fairytale in cities where folklore and history come to life
- Captivating Rhine, one of the new sailings that takes guests along the Rhine through France, Germany, and The Netherlands, showcasing historical towns, castles, and vineyard-clad hills as well as wine, beer, and coffee from iconic destinations
- Taste of Bordeaux, a river cruise through the renowned Bordeaux region of France, punctuated by a comprehensive tour of French culture, food, and wine including vineyard and winemaking excursions, a wine festival, and stops in the Loire Valley
- Colors of Provence, a cruise along the Rhône River connecting thousands of vineyards between Lyon and Arles, France, showcasing the distinct wines found in the Northern and Southern Rhône Valleys
- Enticing Douro, which travels through the Douro River Valley to sample Portuguese wines from traditional quintas, and can include a three-night stay in Lisbon to sample its Old World architecture, cuisine, and wine
- Europe’s Rivers & Castles, including a seven-night cruise from Nuremberg to Luxembourg, travels past picturesque European castles and historic vineyards, including a Kitzingen castle connected through legend to wine and Count Dracula
Bringing the vineyards on board, the wine hosts recommend hand-selected food and wine pairings, lead discussions, and offer additional tastings of distinct regional varieties each day. With these immersive experiences lead by experts from California, New York, Washington, Oregon, Virginia, Texas, and British Columbia, guests aboard the AmaWaterways Wine Cruises have the opportunity to learn more about their favorite New World wines while indulging in the treasures of the Old World.
As an added incentive, guests that book an AmaWaterways Wine Cruise by July 31, 2017 will receive an exclusive Early Booking Reward of up to $750 off per person. AmaWaterways also welcomes returning guests with its Past Guest Benefits, which includes an additional savings of $100 per person, as well as other loyalty rewards.
For pricing and specific itineraries, download AmaWaterways’ 2017-2018 Wine Cruises Through Europe brochure at www.AmaWaterways.com. A print brochure via mail may also be requested via AmaWaterways.com (Canadian version also available at AmaWaterways.ca), by calling (800) 626-0126, or by contacting a travel professional.